The long awaited 737/800 G-DRTI appears to be near to entering service. The former Jet Airways machine arrived at Manchester last May and has not flown since. However, yesterday it took to the skies on an air test before landing at East Midlands presumably for painting.
42559_1569752667.jpg

Looking at this photo it would appear that quite a lot of work has been carried out on the fuselage !!!!!
Doesn’t say much for its previous maintenance with Jet Airways if it needed this much repair work to bring it up to scratch.

From looking at that photo I hope it was the right price when Jet2 got it. However, having said that, I doubt if Jet2 would have paid over the odds for any of their used (and abused it seems) airframes.

Hi, was wondering if anyone knew how many of Jet2's second hand 737NG's will require the checks on the 'pickle forks' described in the article below, as I assume a lot of those frames are high cycle.

https://leehamnews.com/2019/09/30/boeings-737-in-another-pickle/

Additionally, the linked report also states that "The cracks were found on ex-Jet Airways of India passenger planes which were converted to freighters for Amazon" Looking at Planespotters.net these frames seem to be ex-VT-JGE and VT-JGM, which were built at a similar time to and had the same previous owner as G-DRTI (ex- VT-JGF). I wonder if this is a possible reason it spent so long in the hangar?

Hope not Airbus A321, as that i'll have no chance of getting into LBA on a good day due to overheating breaks. Never mind a bad day when we in CATIII foggy conditions.

So I guess these will be based at BHX, MAN & STN where Jet2 continue to expand from??

I am guessing that the current build A321's are vastly improved on the early variants. I keep getting told that there are around 23 different versions of the 737/800NG, so maybe the same applies to Airbus??

Personally I don't think the 787 is right for LS so doesn't leave much other than the 321 as a 757 replacement. They have operated the 330 relatively successfully so clearly aren't averse to Airbus. Boeing aren't without their current problems so might just be a very very sensible move

Personally I don't think the 787 is right for LS so doesn't leave much other than the 321 as a 757 replacement. They have operated the 330 relatively successfully so clearly aren't averse to Airbus. Boeing aren't without their current problems so might just be a very very sensible move
Plenty of Thomas Cook A321 and A330 on the market!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock