Or alternatively, aircraft takes off normally, develops a technical issue, circles above the airport normally to troubleshoot and burn off fuel then lands without incident. Yep, truly terrifying!

Just out of idle interest. What sort of money do Jet2 etc get when they pension off such aircraft via Kemble? I don't suppose anyone really knows the £sd to the last £ but presumably it is worthwhile. Any ideas on a ball park figure?
Probably little more than the value of the removed parts, i.e. engines, landing gear, seats, galley and instruments. All these normally return to Jet2's inventory. Air Salvage at Kemble may receive the scrap metal value. All guesswork, of course.

If more 300s going, that means possible extra routes available as some may be deemed too thin for a series 800. Could the red man's loss be the orange man's gain! I cannot thank and praise Jet2 enough for all they have done, and will continue to do, for LBA. But we do need to get away from too many eggs in the one basket, even allowing for us being Yolkshires number 1 airport. Deliberate typo!

I guess this could be the further Route Development to be announced. As it would seem Jet2 are yet again making changes to the summer 2020 schedule for Peak summer (August)

So far what i have found is 221x weekly rotations. The maybe more changes to come so watch this space..

Bergerac = Was 2x weekly TUE & SAT - reduced to 1x weekly SAT
Barcelona = Was 4x weekly MON,THU,FRI & SUN - reduced to 2x weekly MON & FRI

Majorca-Palma = Increased from 19x to 21x weekly - 4x daily MON, 3x daily TUE,THU,FRI,SAT,SUN & 2x daily WED
Kefalonia = Increased from 2x to 3x weekly MON,FRI & SUN
Crete Heraklion = Increased from 5x weekly to 6x weekly - 2x Daily TUE and daily MON,WED,FRI & SAT
Corfu = Increased from 3x to 4x weekly - 2x daily THU & 1x daily MON & TUE
Zante-Zakynthos = Increased from 3x to 4x weekly - 2x daily THU & 1x daily WED & SAT
Lanzarote-Arrecife = Increased from 7x to 8x weekly - 2x daily MON,TUE & 1x daily THU,FRI,SAT & SUN
Tenerife South = Increased from 9x to 10x weekly - 2x daily TUE,FRI,SAT & 1x daily MON,WED,THU & SUN

Last edited:
BCN is an interesting one. A popular destination so the cut backs are either due to recent Catalan unrest causing a dip, or there is to be a new entrant coming on to the route. Or of course, it may just not have been performing well. Overall though they clearly remain fully committed to LBA. The question is, has anyone else got the bottle to follow suit and fulfil the demand that is there?

BCN is an interesting one. A popular destination so the cut backs are either due to recent Catalan unrest causing a dip, or there is to be a new entrant coming on to the route. Or of course, it may just not have been performing well. Overall though they clearly remain fully committed to LBA. The question is, has anyone else got the bottle to follow suit and fulfil the demand that is there?

Barcelona is only being reduced for the peak summer period. It is 4 x weekly during spring ‘/ early summer and returns to 4 weekly in late summer / autumn. Clearly tells us that they are reducing frequency here to help provide the increased peak summer capacity to the traditional package holiday spots.

Just seen a post on ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- about Jet2 opening a base at Tenerife South.

Based on what Jet2 have done down here at BHX in less three years and also STN they spot and research the market and keep feeding it until they can profitably match supply to demand doing it better than their competitors and not moving out of their proven model of operations. In other words if Alicante can sustain additional services they will provide them.

The move into Tenerife follows Ryanair's recent decision on their canaries bases so presumably Jet2 see an opportunity, long may they continue to succeed.

Sad to see G-GDFE leave the fleet, flew down to AGP on her early October, did not look anywhere near ready the scrap heap, flew on G-CELY in August.
Hope I have not put the mockers on G-GDFO and G-GDFB, both of which I have been on board recently.

Does anyone know what’s happening with AG according to flight radar it’s is doing the LS918 tfs-man but AI is also doing the same flight ?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock