It’s been fantastic flying people back on repat flights the past few days, so many loyal customers all giving best wishes and routing for Jet2 to come back stronger!
And that we will!

We’ve been flying back our own package customers, flight only customers who have had extended stay’s cut short and also many many ex pats who have chosen to come back to the UK. We’ve also brought back many people who have had their flights cancelled by other airlines. (One couple telling me they purchased an FR ticket but they were 2 of 300 that had tickets on a 189 seater aircraft - Ryanair at its best - and unfortunately they arrived after the first 189 so we’re shown the exit door!!! )

With the exception of training flights and positioners, that’s it until May 1st at the very least and a date subject to change. The company have a very strong balance sheet, and have acted upon cancelling leases to protect our own interests. 2 330s cancelled, Air Europa, Titan, Hi Fly too. The owner was in the airport last week and told us we are now looking at all the opportunities that are going to present themselves to us (NAS airframes) and was very positive.

In the down time maintenance will be completed ahead of schedule and all in house too, saving on expensive external work.

As said previously LY & AD will go to Kemble this week.

Stay safe!
So will it be time for simulation time at Bradford?

When the history of Jet2 is written it will show that G-CELY and her sister ships were the very foundation that this company were built on. With them being robust and almost unbreakable, they forged a reputation for reliability, comfort and service that sound management were able to build on and bring them to the point where they are today. They are one of the best positioned companies to recover and with good news coming out of the Indian pharmaceutical industry today, lets hope they are back launching again soon.

hi all
just wondering are there any more jet2 aircraft coming to LBA for storage or are we full,if there is still room i wonder if they have offered space to the likes of tui-BA-virgin etc.
regards to all
stay safe
sm

/

Finally got through to Jet2 today to change my cancelled holiday to October. When they start flying again, there will be some bargains to be had to fly the first week.

What’s this all about. According to Jethros, the following are all showing as withdrawn from use and stored at LBA:

GDFB/GDFK/GDFM/GDFN/GDFO/GDFT/GDFV/DRTC/JZBL/JZBM/JZHC/JZHJ/JZHT/LSAJ

What’s this all about. According to Jethros, the following are all showing as withdrawn from use and stored at LBA:

GDFB/GDFK/GDFM/GDFN/GDFO/GDFT/GDFV/DRTC/JZBL/JZBM/JZHC/JZHJ/JZHT/LSAJ

It means what it says. Technically, Jet2 have ceased to operate, therefore their aircraft are all WFU until further notice. Don`t worry the axeman doesnt beckon that far..

So will it be time for simulation time at Bradford?

nope!
the Sim Centre closed its doors the same evening ‘lockdown’ was announced!

As of yesterday evening ALL Jet2 staff (except a small handful of senior office staff) have now been furloughed under the Government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, for at least the next two months.

The restart date of 1st May, I’m sure will be changed and communicated in the coming hours.

Does this furlough business include all Engineering and Ramp staff ? I appreciate the aeroplanes aren't going anywhere but they still need maintenance, trips to and from the hangars and so on.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock