That must be one of the few TV series not to have been endlessly repeated recently. Not just Jet2 and Swissport with the old job cuts. Royal Mail and Qantas joining the party now. Remember the old 1980's slogan GIZZA JOB!!

No doubt the environmentalists are quietly celebrating the current situation of the aviation industry and care little about the human cost that goes with it. They will point out that aviation has no future and that any future investment in it, such as the new LBA terminal, will be a waste of money. Conversely it puts even greater pressure on the Council to find new jobs to compensate for the job losses, making it more difficult for them to reject job creating infrastructure projects and increasingly makes the stance of the gang of five Labour MP’s look ever more foolish and heartless by opposing the new terminal. As for the group that shall not be mentioned they’re a bunch of self-centred, selfish individuals whose horizon only extends as far as their own self- interest with no regard for anyone else who faces the unemployment scrap heap if their opposition is successful. There, I feel better for that!

Jet2 & Jet2holidays reduced summer 2020 July –August LBA Schedule.

Routes Cancelled for summer 2020
Jersey = was 3x weekly - Recommences May 20th 2021, 3x weekly (Tue, Thu & Sat)
La Rochelle = was 1x weekly - Recommences May 22nd 2021, 1x weekly (Sat)
Nice = was 3x weekly – Recommences March 8th 2021, 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Thessaloniki = was 2x weekly - Recommences April 30th 2021, 2x weekly (Tue & Fri)
Pisa Florence - was 2x weekly - Recommences May 1st 2021, 1x weekly (Sat)
Venice Marco Polo = was 2x weekly - Recommences March 26th 2021, 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Verona = was 1x weekly - Recommences May 5th 2021, 1x weekly (Wed)
Murcia Corvera = was 3x weekly - Recommences March 29th 2021, 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)

Routes with reductions
Dubrovnik
=Recommence July 16th - 3x to 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
Corfu = Recommences July 16th - 4x to 2x weekly (Mon & Thu)
Crete Heraklion = Recommence July 17th - 5x to 3x weekly (Tue, Fri & Sat)
Kefalonia = Recommences July 17th - 3x to 2x weekly (Mon, Fri)
Kos = Recommences July 17th - 3x to 2x weekly (Fri & Sun)
Zante Zakynthos = Recommences July 15th - 4x to 3x weekly (Wed, Thu & Sat)
Faro = Recommences July 15th - 14x to 7x weekly (1x daily Mon-Sun)
Alicante = Recommences July 15th - 18x to 7x weekly (1x daily) 2nd Saturday flight added from August 1st
Almeria = Recommences July 19th - 2x to 1x weekly (Sun)
Gerona = Recommences July 16th - 3x to 1x weekly (Thu)
Malaga = Recommences July 15th - 14x to 7x weekly (1x daily Mon-Sun) 2nd daily flight added from August 27th
Ibiza = Recommences July 16th - 11x to 6x weekly (Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun)
Palma = Recommences July 15th - 19x to 7x weekly (1x daily Mon-Sun) 2nd Sat flight added form August 8th with further flights added August 27th
Mahon = Recommences July 17th - 6x to 3x weekly (Mon, Fri & Sat) Increases to 5x weekly from August 30th
Fuerteventura = Recommences July 18th - 3x to 2x weekly (Tue & Sat) Increases to 3x weekly from Thu August 27th
Las Palmas = Recommences July 18th - 4x to 2x weekly (Tue & Sat) – Increases to 3x weekly from Thu, August 20th
Arrecife = Recommences July 16th - 7x to 5x weekly (Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun) Increases to 6x weekly from Sun, August 30th
Tenerife = Recommences July 17th - 8x to 4x weekly (Tue, Fri, Sat & Sun) Increases to 5x weekly from Thu August 27th

No Changes in flight frequency so far
Bourgas
= Recommences July 15th, 2x weekly (Wed & Sun)
Pula = Recommences July 15th, 2x weekly (Wed & Sat)
Split = Recommences July 16th, 3x weekly (Tue, Thu & Sat)
Larnaca = Recommences July 15th, 4x weekly (Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun)
Paphos = Recommences July 15th, 4x weekly (Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat)
Prague = Recommences July 16th, 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
Bergerac = Recommences July 18th, 1x weekly (Sat)
Crete Chania = Recommences July 19th, 1x weekly (Sun)
Budapest = Recommence July 17th, 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Malta Luqa = Recommences July 15th, 2x weekly (Wed & Sat)
Amsterdam = Recommences July 16th, 4x weekly (Mon, Thu, Fri & Sun)
Krakow = Recommences July 17th, 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Madeira Funchal = Recommences July 19th, 1x weekly (Sun)
Antalya = Recommences July 16th, 8x weekly (2x daily Thu & 1x daily Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat & Sun)
Bodrum = Recommences July 15th, 2x weekly (Wed & Sun)
Dalaman = Recommences July 15th, 7x weekly (2x daily Tue 1x daily Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri & Sat)
Izmir = Recommences July 15th, 1x weekly (Wed)

Further delayed restart dates
Paris Cdg
= Recommences August 30th, 4 weekly (Mon, Thu, Fri & Sun)
Barcelona = Recommences August 28th, 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Naples = Recommences August 30th, 2x weekly (Wed & Sat)
Rome = Recommences August 27th, 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
Rhodes = Recommences August 22nd - 3x to 2x weekly (Thu & Sat)
Reus = Recommences August 28th, 4x weekly (Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat)

Last edited:
thanks for the list lbaspotter, The routes cancelled for this year tend to be the destinations that were to only have 1 or 2 weekly flights, and mainly into france and itally, I guess many are a little afraid to travel to Italy as it was the real epicentre of the virus. The bucket and spade ALC,AGP,PMI etc continue.

Thanks lbaspotter for the update. We noticed the other day that our Sunday flight booked way back last year to Almeria for mid August appears to have been changed from a 737-300 to the larger 737-800 , so the reduction from 2x to 1x now explains that. Just sat waiting see if the FCO decides to lift their non essential travel advce.

GDFB has just taken off over us here in Pudsey, appears bound for Lasham according to FR24. Does anybody know if this is another of the dear old birds being pensioned off, or just going for engineering work prior to the July restart.

With the programme changes and flights consolidated it wouldn't surprise me if the aircraft allocated at bases changed from what was originally intended.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't. However do we think Jet2, been the airline they are, have spare aircraft in these bases to ensure that they can be used for example if someone comes back from Palma let's say and suspects they have COVID. So the spare gets to do the afternoon rotation whilst the PMI aircraft is then deep cleaned within an inch of its life?

In addition Jethros has reported the cancellation of the proposed acquisition of 5 of the 7 ex Thomas Cook A321s.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock