Over 100 flights a week is still encouraging for Jet2, once the reduced summer schedule recommences in a few weeks. And then a further 16 flights added at the end of August is even more encouraging. I really truly hope it works out well for the company as a whole as I'm sure they'll bounce in the next couple of years.

Jet2 adding yet further cuts to its summer 2020 LBA schedule as follows.

Routes Cancelled for summer 2020
Jersey = was 3x weekly - Recommences May 20th 2021, 3x weekly (Tue, Thu & Sat)
La Rochelle = was 1x weekly - Recommences May 22nd 2021, 1x weekly (Sat)
Nice = was 3x weekly – Recommences March 8th 2021, 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Thessaloniki = was 2x weekly - Recommences April 30th 2021, 2x weekly (Tue & Fri)
Pisa Florence - was 2x weekly - Recommences May 1st 2021, 1x weekly (Sat)
Venice Marco Polo = was 2x weekly - Recommences March 26th 2021, 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Verona = was 1x weekly - Recommences May 5th 2021, 1x weekly (Wed)
Murcia Corvera = was 3x weekly - Recommences March 29th 2021, 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Izmir = was 2x weekly - Recommences May 5th 2021, 1x weekly (Wed)

Routes with reductions
Dubrovnik
=Recommence July 16th - 3x to 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
Pula = Recommences July 19th, was 2x reduced to 1x weekly (Sun) Increases to 2x weekly from Sep 2nd.
Split = Recommences July 18th, was 3x reduced to 1x weekly (Sat) Increases to 3x weekly from Aug 27th
Paphos = Recommences July 15th, was 4x reduced to 2x weekly (Wed & Sat) – Increases to 4x weekly from Aug 26th
Corfu = Recommences July 16th - 4x to 2x weekly (Mon & Thu)
Crete Heraklion = Recommence July 17th - 5x to 3x weekly (Tue, Fri & Sat)
Kefalonia = Recommences July 17th - 3x to 2x weekly (Mon, Fri)
Kos = Recommences July 17th - 3x to 2x weekly (Fri & Sun)
Zante Zakynthos = Recommences July 15th - 4x to 3x weekly (Wed, Thu & Sat)
Faro = Recommences July 15th - 14x to 7x weekly (1x daily Mon-Sun)
Alicante = Recommences July 15th - 18x to 7x weekly (1x daily) 2nd Saturday flight added from August 1st
Almeria = Recommences July 19th - 2x to 1x weekly (Sun)
Gerona = Recommences July 16th - 3x to 1x weekly (Thu)
Malaga = Recommences July 15th - 14x to 7x weekly (1x daily Mon-Sun) 2nd daily flight added from August 27th
Ibiza = Recommences July 16th - 11x to 6x weekly (Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun)
Palma = Recommences July 15th - 19x to 7x weekly (1x daily Mon-Sun) 2nd Sat flight added form August 8th with further flights added August 27th
Mahon = Recommences July 17th - 6x to 3x weekly (Mon, Fri & Sat) Increases to 5x weekly from August 30th
Fuerteventura = Recommences July 18th - 3x to 2x weekly (Tue & Sat) Increases to 3x weekly from Thu August 27th
Las Palmas = Recommences July 18th - 4x to 2x weekly (Tue & Sat) – Increases to 3x weekly from Thu, August 20th
Arrecife = Recommences July 16th - 7x to 5x weekly (Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun) Increases to 6x weekly from Sun, August 30th
Tenerife = Recommences July 17th - 8x to 4x weekly (Tue, Fri, Sat & Sun) Increases to 5x weekly from Thu August 27th
Antalya = Recommences July 16th, Was 8x reduced to 2x weekly (Thu & Sat) Increases to 8x weekly Aug 27th
Bodrum = Recommences July 15th, Was 2x reduced to 1x weekly (Wed) Increases to 2x weekly Aug 26th
Dalaman = Recommences July 15th, Was 7x reduced to 3x weekly (Tue, Fri & Sat) Increases to 7x weekly Aug 27th

No Changes in flight frequency so far
Bergerac
= Recommences July 18th, 1x weekly (Sat)
Crete Chania = Recommences July 19th, 1x weekly (Sun)
Malta Luqa = Recommences July 15th, 2x weekly (Wed & Sat)
Madeira Funchal = Recommences July 19th, 1x weekly (Sun)

Further delayed restart dates
Larnaca
= Recommences August 16th, was 4x reduced to 1x weekly (Sun) – Increases to 4x weekly from Aug 28th
Prague = Recommences October 25th, 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
Paris Cdg = Recommences August 30th, 4 weekly (Mon, Thu, Fri & Sun)
Budapest = Recommence August 28th, 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Naples = Recommences August 30th, 2x weekly (Wed & Sat)
Rome = Recommences August 27th, 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
Rhodes = Recommences August 22nd - 3x to 2x weekly (Thu & Sat)
Amsterdam = Recommences August 27th, 4x weekly (Mon, Thu, Fri & Sun)
Krakow = Recommences August 28th, 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Barcelona = Recommences August 28th, 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Reus = Recommences August 28th, 4x weekly (Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat)

Last edited:
I would disagree that the removal of 757s is "dumbing down the LBA operation". As great as the 757 may have been over the years, it's an ever-ageing type (especially some of Jet2's which are very old) that very few passenger airlines wish to operate anymore due to it's inability to compete with the efficiency of more modern aircraft. The 738 is the future for Jet2 (at least in the medium-term) and is also a more comfortable aircraft for passengers (newer Sky Interior variants anyway). The overall fleet of 757s is reducing so it's not as if they are simply adding more to MAN, but rather, the type is being consolidated at MAN, which makes business sense.

I think the removal of the 757 is both good and bad for Jet2's business purposes. Don't get me wrong, they filled the 757 peak summer from LBA almost everyday but I fear that having them at MAN will increase their use as they've also lost an A/C (A330). I know this was announced pre-pandemic however I feel that if they want to continue the 757 for now the best way to use them would be from Manchester, not only been their main base but their main source of passenger numbers too.

Other than the autoland problem they had the 757 aircraft were well suited to the shortish Leeds runway operationally.
Great performance and range,very quiet landing late evening and early morning not using very much reverse power and the whispering RB211.
For me they were at least something different to see but we may see fewer diversions now when all our flights are operated by the 737 which seem to be all autoland capable during the bad weather we get which now seems to include July !

Other than the autoland problem they had the 757 aircraft were well suited to the shortish Leeds runway operationally.
Great performance and range,very quiet landing late evening and early morning not using very much reverse power and the whispering RB211.
For me they were at least something different to see but we may see fewer diversions now when all our flights are operated by the 737 which seem to be all autoland capable during the bad weather we get which now seems to include July !

Fully agree a300boy, they will be sorely missed!

Pre production aircraft which was like a homebuild the next batch of aircraft off the production line were all pretty standard and much easier to sort out.

The BKS 748s were G-ASPL G-ATAM G-ARRW PL and RW were sold to Skyways Coach Air in March 67 AM went to Hawker Siddeley July 67.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock