G-TCDH ex Thomas Cook. Was this not one of the original batch that were cancelled?

G-TCDD & G-TCDH are both due to Jet2 this month. These are two that they were unable to get out of the leasing contract easily, so they are joining the fleet.

Jet2 summer LBA schedule update: Week beginning October 19th, 2020

8+ LBA routes are currently operating all using Boeing 737-800 Aircraft

Corfu = 1x weekly (Sat)
Crete Heraklion = 1x weekly (Sat)
Faro = 1x weekly (Sat)
Kos = 3x weekly, (Fri, Sat & Sun)
Cyprus Larnaca = 3x weekly, (Wed, Fri, Sun)
Madeira Funchal = 2x weekly, (Sat & Sun)
Cyprus-Paphos = 3x weekly, (Wed, Fri, Sat)
Rhodes = 4x weekly (1X daily Wed, Sun & 2x daily Sat)

18+ flights will operate from LBA this week as follows.

Wednesday 21st = +3
Cyprus-Larnaca Via Newcastle, Cyprus-Paphos, Rhodes
Friday 23rd = +3
Kos, Cyprus-Larnaca via London-Stansted, Cyprus-Paphos Via London-Stansted
Saturday 24th = +8
Corfu, Crete-Heraklion, Faro, Kos, Funchal, Cyprus-Paphos, Rhodes, Rhodes
Sunday 25th = +4
Kos, Cyprus-Larnaca via Newcastle, Funchal, Rhodes

Will be interesting to see the load factors on the Greek Islands flights as the summer season comes to a close in early November. I do suppose Jet2 are offering a chance to customers for a quick getaway before the winter months kick in as I'm sure most people are keen to go on holiday after the year we've had.

Other than Crete, Rhodes and possibly Kos the summer season has ended. There probably will be about 50% of tourist facilities still operating in certain parts of Crete until the end of November but only in places that have a year round population. That doesn't include the parts that Jet2 generally cater for. The vast majoority of tourists (and therefore the facilities that go with them) will have left at the end of October only to return in May next year.

I’ve been informed a deal has been done with Murcia Corvera (AENA) for the storage of a large amount of the fleet for the winter.

Not sure on exact frames or types but looks to be up to 30-40 making the journey.

I can only guess the older 300’s are a definite in that figure.

I’ve been informed a deal has been done with Murcia Corvera (AENA) for the storage of a large amount of the fleet for the winter.

Not sure on exact frames or types but looks to be up to 30-40 making the journey.

that makes sense as that part of spain is usually the mildest and driest during winter

All 737-300’s
Probably all 757-200’s
Will it be newer or older 737-800 models?
And as it’s now the season - a partridge in a pear tree

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock