I think what are now discussing now is the fact that the airport it's self lets down it's biggest customer and source of customers. Let's hope that they can do something decent with that terminal or get the new one improved. It will very much be welcomed by all including all airlines currently serving LBA.

until LBA gets its new terminal and it gets rid of its image which is basically " we always have to fly from MAN, we can never get to ….from lba" which is sometimes not true, then other airports will always gain the more out of the box destinations first (eg Preveza) your alicante's and malaga's will always fill up jet2 aircraft but with the more unusual places where you just have 2 or 3 flights a week you dont really want to be offering from an airport where the general public think you cant fly to from there. once the image of LBA changes which it will do once LCC get their heads screwed on and approve the terminal then it really will be all systems go!

Which is what I've always got at in the last 12 months @fight2win. The fact of the matter is simple. Black & white. Jet2 are now moving away from volume destinations into more niche to compliment what they have. It is now the only way to grow. That is where a bigger base with a bigger catchment area will always win. As you say - we need that brand new terminal for the airline.

Does it work? Will it work? What sort of returns will we get? The only way any airline will find out is by giving it to the bigger bases. You only have do an EZ comparison of MAN/LGW to find that out. Yet no one compares them two like the comparison in terms of MAN/LBA for Jet2.

I see the Canary Islands now require a negative covid test before you will be allowed to check in to tourist accommodation. Thats going to stop anyone thinking of taking a winter break with the likes of Jet2 once we come out of the current restrictions. I just had a quick look and the going rate for a test is about £150 and thats to get the results back within 48 hours, Canary Islands want the test within 72 hours so timelines are really tight. I can imagine that there wont be anymore Jet2 flights from LBA this side of a vaccine!

Is it though? If anything it will offer peace of mind knowing your on an aircraft with people who have tested negative. Looking back to lockdown 1.0 I seem to recall Jet2 made the suggestion of testing to enable flights to the Canaries. If this ends up being something that can be done at the airport prior to departure it can only be a good thing.

You're right it is a good thing but at present it's not available at the airport. If you did a test today and posted it off, the lab would get it next day. They in turn will test and get it back within 48 hours, so you could be expecting the result on the day of travel! I can't imagine many people will be willing to take that risk. You can buy a test same day or 24 hours but they cost about £250. Again, I can't imagine many will want to add that cost to the holiday. So unfortunately I think the demand for Canary Island holidays will be so low that it might not be worth the airlines running them

We know that 10-15 minute testing is now becoming available in the UK. I think it maybe being used in the city wide testing in Liverpool. I think by May at the latest, this kind of testing will be being done at all airports.

Lets hope that you're right. But a quick test by May is still 5 months away. There's not going to be a lot of income for LBA in the meantime.

Further Jet2 LBA Schedule update on following city routes which were due to restart in late November in time for xmas.

Amsterdam = Recommences February 1st 2021 - 6x weekly (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri & Sun)
Budapest = Recommences February 12th 2021 - 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Krakow = Recommences February 1st 2021 - 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Paris Cdg = Recommences February 1st 2021 - 4x weekly (Mon, Thu, Fri & Sun)
Prague = Recommences February 11th 2021 - 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
Rome = Recommences February 11th 2021 - 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)

Unbelievable, but it was to be expected what with the on-going Covid-19 situation.

Leeds based Jet2 have today reported pre-tax loss of £119.3 million for the six months to 30 September, which is down from a massive £337 million profit during the same period last year.
Operational profit also fell from £365.1 million to a £111.2 million loss.

In all honesty I think that's not bad going in light of what we've just been through.

Jet2's planned Leeds/Bradford schedule restart dates.

All routes from Jet2's English airport bases Leeds/Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle, East Midlands, Birmingham & London Stansted are currently suspended due to the on going worldwide Corona-Virus pandemic and travel restrictions in place due to UK Lockdown (2).

Up to 12+ aircraft are now sat in warmer weather storage out at Murcia Corvera which includes the following
7x Boeing 757-200's = G-LSAA, G-LSAB, G-LSAC, G-LSAE, G-LSAI, G-LSAJ & G-LSAN
5x Boeing 737-300's = G-GDFG, G-GDFK, G-GDFL, G-GDFM & G-GDFT

Winter 2020/21 Schedule - Routes Currently Suspended
Recommence December 3rd
(ACE) Arrecife = 3x weekly (Tue, Thu & Sat) – Increases to 5x weekly (Mon-Tue, Thu & Sat-Sun) from December 15th
(TFS) Tenerife = 7x weekly (Daily) – Reduced to 6x weekly (Mon-Tue, Thu-Sun) from January 11th 2021
Recommence December 5th
(FUE) Fuerteventura = 2x weekly (Tue & Sat)
(LPA) Las Palmas = - 3x weekly (Tue, Thu & Sat) – Reduced to 2x weekly (Thu & Sat) from January 9th 2021
Recommences December 6th
(AYT) Antalya = 1x weekly (Sun)
Recommence December 12th
(GVA) Geneva = 1x weekly (Sat) – Increases up to 5x weekly (1x daily Mon, 2x daily Sat & Sun) from December 21st
Recommence December 19th
(SZG) Salzburg = 1x weekly (Sat)
Recommence December 20th
(FNC) Madeira - Funchal = 2x weekly (Tue & Sun) – Reduces back to 1x weekly (Sun) from January 10th 2021

Recommences February 1st
(AMS) Amsterdam = 6x weekly (Mon-Fri & Sun)
(KRK) Krakow = 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
(CDG) Paris Cdg = 4x weekly (Mon, Thu-Fri & Sun)
Recommences February 11th
(ALC) Alicante =
8x weekly (2x daily Sat-Sun & 1x daily Mon-Tue, Thu-Fri
(FAO) Faro = 3x weekly (Thu, Sat & Sun)
(AGP) Malaga = 6x weekly (2x daily Sat & 1x daily Mon, Thu-Fri, Sun
(FCO) Rome Fiumicino = 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
(PRG) Prague = 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
Recommences February 12th
(BCN) Barcelona = 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
(BUD) Budapest = 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Recommences February 13th
(PFO) Cyprus Paphos = 1x weekly (Sat)
Recommences February 18th
(KEF) Keflavik = Departures on: Feb 18th, 22nd, Mar 18th, Apr 8th & 12th
Recommences March 5th
(PMI) Palma =
2x weekly – (Mon & Fri)
Recommences March 8th
(NCE) Nice = 2x weekly – (Mon & Fri)

Routes Returning for summer 2021 Schedule
Recommences March 26th
(VCE) Venice Marco Polo
Recommences March 29th
(RMU) Murcia Corvera
(DLM) Dalaman
Recommences March 31st
(NAP) Naples
(LCA) Cyprus Larnaca

Recommences April 1st
(IBZ) Ibiza
(DBV) Dubrovnik
(RHO) Rhodes

Recommences April 2nd
(HER) Crete - Heraklion
Recommences April 3rd
(REU) Reus
(MAH) Mahon

Recommences April 29th
(GRO) Girona
(KGS) Kos

Recommences April 30th
(CFU) Corfu
Recommences May 1st
(PSA) Pisa Florence
(SPU) Split
(ZTH) Zante-Zakynthos

Recommences May 2nd
(PUY) Pula
(CHQ) Crete - Chania
(BJV) Bodrum
Recommences May 3rd
(KEF) Kefalonia
Recommences May 4th
(SKG) Thessaloniki
(BOJ) Bourgas

Recommences May 5th
(LEI) Almeria
(VRN) Verona
(MLA) Malta Luqa
(ADB) Izmir

New Route commences May 6th
(JTR) Santorini
New Route
commences May 19th
(JSI) Skiathos
Recommences May 20th
(JER) Jersey
Recommences May 22nd
(EGC) Bergerac
(LRH) La Rochelle

Suspended Indefinitely
(CGN) Cologne Bonn
(CPH) Copenhagen
(GNB) Grenoble
(VIE) Vienna

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock