I may be biased but we owe so much to Jet 2 in the in aviation sector in this region. They are incredibly loyal to LBA and are the back bone of the airport's economy.

I would love to have someone do a study on the economic benefit having Jet2 and it's two main offices brings to the Leeds City Region and wider into the Yorkshire economy.

I'm not sure how many people are employed and by who but I would Hazard a guess that Morrisons, Asda, Jet2 and the NHS all battle out in the top 5 in terms of companies by amount of employees.

Low fare finder house - LBA
Airline operations, engineering, crewing plus many other functions.

Holiday house - City Centre
Financial centre of the business with the top management, holiday call centre, marketing, revenue and again many other functions

Sim Centre - Bradford euroway
Pilot and Cabin crew training facilities.

IT Centre - Sheffield

Large aircraft base at LBA including self handling, cabin crew, pilots, engineers, despatchers, baggage, ramp, PSA’s

Jet2Hangar - LBA
engineering base.

So many direct jobs within the Leeds city region.

According to their website 1500 people in Yorkshire. Between Jet2 and Jet2 Holidays they have or did have 12,000 staff nationwide.
Well I know that figures from the horses mouth so to speak but I think it may be wrong.

I have no proof but, there must 900-1000 people working in holiday house alone! I’d say Low fair will be around 500-600 too.

Then as above you add in the local, flight deck, cabin crew, engineers, Sim centre, Hangar, ground staff (baggage, ramp, check-in) etc

12000 staff European wide I’d estimate at least 3000 were Yorkshire based.

Well I know that figures from the horses mouth so to speak but I think it may be wrong.

I have no proof but, there must 900-1000 people working in holiday house alone! I’d say Low fair will be around 500-600 too.

Then as above you add in the local, flight deck, cabin crew, engineers, Sim centre, Hangar, ground staff (baggage, ramp, check-in) etc

12000 staff European wide I’d estimate at least 3000 were Yorkshire based.
The 1500 figure could be then just the airline as it did say Jet2 no mention of holidays.

They wont open the Doncaster base until they move everything from around the Leeds area down there so maybe 2023 !
Crash Helmet on and waiting.

Guess that I'll please you when LBA closes and high security prison opens on the airfield next door to you.

Oh Jet2 won't go to Donny when they could just easily consolidate ooerations at Manchester.

Last edited:
Guess that I'll please you when LBA closes and high security prison opens on the airfield next door to you.

Oh Jet2 won't go to Donny when they could just easily just consolidate ooerations at Manchester.
better get that new terminal built then before the current one falls down and operations are reduced or cut! hiding in a corner now :(

Oh Jet2 won't go to Donny when they could just easily just consolidate ooerations at Manchester.
Wont be here to worry about a prison or a wind farm or even houses ! as soon as they shut this place I will be on my way.

Oh Jet2 won't go to Donny when they could just easily consolidate ooerations at Manchester.
May as well move the employees from Leeds City Centre to Doncaster too as it will be cheaper down there.

Come on down to the Barnsley area to live a300boy. The pits are all closed and the slag heaps have been rounded off and grassed over. The air is lovely to breath in!!

Anyway, back to the Jet2 thread.

BH
We have a few slag heaps in Bradford. Occurs at kicking out time on a Saturday night! And for those of you old enough to remember Band of Gold. Cracking program. Back to the Jet2 thread, they will be here to stay. They wouldn't risk losing their client base to someone else!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock