We have been trying to keep the main Airport threads clear of the virus talk. Obviously it's very hard not to bring up the discussion when in fact its the very reason Jet2 has suspended all scheduled flight operations along with other airlines and operators.

As some members will already know we’ve set up a thread within the current affairs section of the forum, that is where the Corona Virus discussion and the Governments handling of it can freely continue if you so wish to do so..

Last edited:
Just watching a Ryanair divert from Liverpool to Newcastle ! Is the weather here not good enough to land at Leeds ?
A long journey home for the passengers for nothing.

Hopefully the final time they have to put one of them out. End of March seems to be aiming for easter getaway market.

Also gives them much better outlook; they don't have to respond to the constant chop and change and yo yo from this lot. And gives the airline time to pressure government into coming up with a more reasonable plan for airport testing. Though if your vaccinated you shouldn't have to prove if your negative or positive surely?:unsure:

Jet2 have issued press release regards there summer 2022 programme going on sale. Initially its just Sun routes on sale, as the is no mention of the city destinations like Amsterdam, Paris Cdg, Budapest, Barcelona, Krakow, Murcia, Nice, Rome or Prague.

Leeds Bradford

• 41 sun destinations on sale - Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman, Izmir, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Reus, Alicante, Malaga, Girona, Costa de Almeria, Palma (Majorca), Ibiza, Menorca, Faro (Algarve), Madeira, Crete (Heraklion), Crete (Chania), Corfu, Kefalonia, Skiathos, Santorini, Kos, Rhodes, Halkidiki, Zante, Larnaca, Paphos, Naples, Pisa, Verona, Bourgas (Bulgaria), Dubrovnik, Pula, Split, Malta, Bergerac, La Rochelle, Jersey.
  • Over 165 departing weekly flights during peak periods

Last edited:
Hopefully the final time they have to put one of them out. End of March seems to be aiming for easter getaway market.

Also gives them much better outlook; they don't have to respond to the constant chop and change and yo yo from this lot. And gives the airline time to pressure government into coming up with a more reasonable plan for airport testing. Though if your vaccinated you shouldn't have to prove if your negative or positive surely?:unsure:
It makes so much sense for there to be a system where once your vaccinated you are given a code or similar where you can update your passport to let them know you have had the jab.

It makes so much sense for there to be a system where once your vaccinated you are given a code or similar where you can update your passport to let them know you have had the jab.

Proof of vaccination. That is all that is needed providing it is a requirement entry for that country. For the EU countries again I don't think this should be a stipulation. If they've vaccinated their population and we've vaccinated ours then ... what's the issue?

Last edited:
To be a bit flippent the issue is asking politicians to exercise some common sense and do the bleeding obvious.

I really hope they get it sorted by the end of April as we are booked with Jet2 to Las Palmas on the 27th.

To be a bit flippent the issue is asking politicians to exercise some common sense and do the bleeding obvious.

I really hope they get it sorted by the end of April as we are booked with Jet2 to Las Palmas on the 27th.

We will get pigs flying before that lot use any common sense.

For everyone involved in the industry and for majority of the UK population that want to escape; I hope you get away on 27th April.

If it is the case that the vaccine does not prevent someone carrying the virus then unfortunately I wouldn’t hold out for unrestricted travel for those who are vaccinated.

The vaccine is the route out of this mess of course. The one shining star in the whole handling of this in the UK is the vaccine deployment which is orders of magnitude better than has been seen in Europe.

Until the virus is completely under control I suspect having evidence of vaccination will be the norm for many months to come. Also, the jury seems to be out whether or not the jab, which gives you some personal immunity, prevents you from spreading the virus.

There are signs and reports that case numbers are starting to level off in some parts of the UK. Probably a combo of lockdown, vaccines and joe public behaving post Xmas. England a bit further behind these other areas but it’s a small step in the right direction regardless. A long long way to go yet but if we can all be patient (rather than being a patient) between now and the end of March things will be starting to look better. They will still be far from normal, but should be better. We all have our part to play in this

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock