No other airline comes anywhere near to Jet2 when it comes to customer service and also for getting you home to LBA when on the odd occasion things don't go exactly to plan when abroad. We are so lucky to have then based here in the City, just a pity Leeds City Council don't quite see it the same way.

Sprinkling the magic as Christmas Markets trips return for Winter 2021​

We are bringing back our popular Christmas Markets programme for 2021, with flights and trips now on sale to eight winter wonderlands.

With customers missing out on the best of Europe’s Christmas markets last year, we are bringing back our popular Christmas markets programme in style, thanks to the launch of a mini-series of dedicated trips to the winter wonderlands of Berlin (Brandenburg Airport), Budapest, Cologne, Krakow, Copenhagen, Prague and Vienna.

View attachment 23020

As the leading leisure airline and UK’s largest operator of European city breaks, we will operate a programme of dedicated trips to eight Christmas market destinations between November and January from seven of our UK bases. In total, there are 17 dedicated trips on sale, and this includes nine new routes including:

• Belfast International to Prague
  • Birmingham to Berlin (Brandenburg Airport)
  • East Midlands to Copenhagen
  • Glasgow to Budapest
  • Leeds Bradford to Berlin (Brandenburg Airport)
  • Leeds Bradford to Cologne
  • Newcastle to Berlin (Brandenburg Airport)
  • Newcastle to Cologne
  • Newcastle to Copenhagen
In addition, we will operate new scheduled flights and city breaks to Lisbon for Winter 21, as well as to Budapest, Prague, and Krakow. With multiple weekly flights on sale to destinations during winter and in the build up to Christmas, customers and independent travel agents have complete choice and flexibility when it comes to visiting the most charming Christmas markets in Europe – whether it’s for a long weekend, midweek break or longer.

The full Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks Christmas market programme for Winter 21 is as follows:

Belfast International:
  • Brand-new mini-series of flights and breaks to Prague operating from 3rd to 20th December. This means five departures in total with Monday and Friday services operating for Winter 21.
Birmingham:
  • Brand-new mini-series of flights and breaks to Berlin with up to twice-weekly services (Monday and Friday) from 26th November to 13th December, meaning six departures in total.
  • Mini-series of flights and breaks also to Vienna, with weekly Thursday and Sunday services operating from 25th November to 19th December, meaning eight departures available.
  • New Monday and Friday services to Lisbon from 1st November to 25th March 2022 for Winter 21.
  • Two-weekly services operating during the winter to Budapest and Prague.
  • Flights and city breaks available to the polish city of Krakow.
East Midlands:
  • Brand-new mini-series of flights and breaks to Copenhagen with Monday and Friday services available from 6th to 13th December.
  • Mini-series of flights and breaks to Budapest with up to twice-weekly services (Monday and Friday) from 26th November to 20th December, meaning seven departures in total.
  • Mini-series of flights and breaks also available to Prague, with Thursday and Sunday services operating from 2nd to 19th December, meaning five departures in total.
Glasgow:
  • Brand-new mini-series of flights and breaks to Budapest with up to twice-weekly services (Monday and Friday) from 26th November to 13th December, meaning five departures in total.
  • In addition, two-weekly services to Krakow and Prague are available during Winter 21.
Leeds Bradford:
  • Brand-new mini-series of flights and breaks to Berlin with up to twice-weekly services (Thursday and Sunday) from 25th November to 12th December, meaning five departures in total.
  • Brand-new mini-series of flights and breaks to Cologne from 26th November to 6th December, with services twice-weekly operating on a Monday and Friday.
  • Mini-series of flights and breaks to Vienna with up to twice-weekly services (Thursday and Sunday) from 25th November to 19th December, meaning seven departures in total.
  • In addition, there are also two-weekly services operating to Budapest, Krakow, and Prague for Winter 21.
Manchester:
  • Mini-series of flights and breaks to Cologne with up to two-weekly flights (Monday and Friday) from 26th November to 20th December, meaning seven departures in total.
  • New Thursday and Sunday services available to Lisbon from 4th November to 24th March 2022 for Winter 21.
  • In addition, there are also four-weekly services to Budapest and Krakow, as well as multiple weekly services to Prague and Vienna, offering plenty of opportunity for customers to experience a Christmas market in one of these destinations this winter.
Newcastle:
  • Brand-new mini-series of flights and breaks to Berlin with up to twice-weekly services (Thursday and Sunday) from 25th November to 12th December, meaning five departures in total.
  • Also available is a mini-series of flights and breaks to Budapest, thanks to Monday, Thursday and Sunday services operating from 25th November to 3rd January, meaning 12 departures in total.
  • Another new Winter 21 addition - brand-new mini-series of flights and breaks to Cologne from 6th to 13th December, with Monday and Friday services operating.
  • New mini-series of flights and breaks to Copenhagen also available. Three departures in total thanks to two-weekly services (Monday and Friday) from 26th November to 6th December.
  • A mini-series of flights and breaks to Vienna means up to two-weekly services from 26th November to 13th December.
  • More opportunity for customers to visit the Christmas markets in Krakow and Prague with two-weekly services to the European Christmas market destinations for Winter 21.
Customers can pick from flight-only options with Jet2.com, or package options with Jet2CityBreaks. Package options with Jet2CityBreaks are available for a low £60 per person booking deposit, and include flights with Jet2.com, 22kg hold luggage and 10kg free cabin baggage, as well as transfers to and from the airport. Customers can also pick from a choice of 2 to 5-star hotels in central locations, providing the perfect base from which to explore and experience the most magical Christmas market destinations in Europe throughout the festive season.

Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “People missed out on the opportunity to visit Europe’s most magical Christmas market destinations last year, so we’re delighted that these popular trips are back again for 2021. We’re very excited about the return of the programme and we know customers will be equally excited to see the Christmas markets well and truly back. With this fantastic programme of destinations, flights, and festive trips on sale from seven UK bases, customers and independent travel agents can choose from the best of Europe’s Christmas markets once again this year and add a sprinkle of magic to any Christmas celebration.”

Last edited:
I don't often watch commercial TV but saw recently the current Jet2 Holidays advert. One thing that struck me was that the sircraft was a silver/red livered one and not one of their Holidays livered ones. Have they gone off the Holidays livery or what? The silver/red is much classier to my mind and it would be no bad thing for that livery to come back across the fleet but I doubt that will be the case. But why make a TV ad for the holidays arm and not use a Holidays 738? Anyone got an answer?

I don't often watch commercial TV but saw recently the current Jet2 Holidays advert. One thing that struck me was that the sircraft was a silver/red livered one and not one of their Holidays livered ones. Have they gone off the Holidays livery or what? The silver/red is much classier to my mind and it would be no bad thing for that livery to come back across the fleet but I doubt that will be the case. But why make a TV ad for the holidays arm and not use a Holidays 738? Anyone got an answer?

Depends when they made the advert. Depends on aircraft availability based on the flying programme & maintenance scheduled in taking into all other considerations too.

Also it's very good advertisement too; as it shows they are not just "a tour operator" or "airline" - they are both. Likewise using a holiday aircraft for a Jet2.com advert is good and wise. Well done marketing.

Last edited:
Depends when they made the advert. Depends on aircraft availability based on the flying programme & maintenance scheduled in taking into all other considerations too.

Also it's very good advertisement too; as it shows they are not just "a tour operator" or "airline" - they are both. Likewise using a holiday aircraft for a Jet2.com advert is good and wise. Well done marketing.
The jet2 tv advert is a good few years old now, what the general public dont realise is that B757 is around 30years old! i believe jet2 are sticking with that ad due to its popularity, of all the holiday ads the jet2 one i prefer.

The jet2 tv advert is a good few years old now, what the general public dont realise is that B757 is around 30years old! i believe jet2 are sticking with that ad due to its popularity, of all the holiday ads the jet2 one i prefer.
All the ones I have seen recently feature a 737, not the 757.

Ive seen 3 different adverts so far, 1 738 in Holidays touching down, 1 738 in Silver parked on ramp and 1 757 in silver touching down. Great to see the adverts back on the screens.
Regards the livery, personally I love the silver/Red fuselage but don't like the red Jet2.com tail but I love the Sunshine Holidays tail. now, if they could find a way to blend the 2 that would look great. ;-)

I think what we also have to remember; not sure how advertisement work, but a company such as Jet2 which has a number of different advertisements just pays a set fee for the advertisements right? It is down to the individual channel to choose the advert is it not? Of course new adverts etc are expensive and they get to say this goes on there. But for the one you pointed out @LBA4EVER about the 757 I've only ever seen that on day time TV.

Last edited:
Jet2 have just issued the following press release. Good news for Leeds/Bradford with extra flights to 8 destinations including Bodrum, Crete (Chania), Crete (Heraklion), Dalaman, Skiathos, Kos, Gran Canaria, & Rhodes.

Summer 2021 capacity boosted​

15th March 2021 • Posted in Announcements

Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have today responded to the continued increase in demand for Summer 21 holidays by adding more flights and holidays to the Canary Islands, Mainland Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus.

View attachment 23099

Customers travelling from Belfast International, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford, Manchester and Newcastle Airports can now enjoy even more choice when it comes to booking and enjoying some much-needed sunshine this summer. The increase in capacity means more than 50,000 additional seats have gone on sale today in direct response to demand for holidays in countries and destinations that have said they will welcome holidaymakers from the UK this summer.

Jet2holidays
, the UK’s leading tour operator to destinations across the Mediterranean and Canary Islands, together with leisure airline, Jet2.com, saw a 1,000% spike in bookings immediately following the Prime Minister’s announcement of an exit roadmap from lockdown, with demand continuing since then.

In addition to that, data from Jet2holidays shows that bookings have jumped in response to destinations preparing to welcome holidaymakers from the UK. This includes bookings to Cyprus jumping by 200% on the back of last week’s announcement by the Deputy Minister of Tourism for Cyprus saying that holidaymakers from the UK who have been vaccinated will be able to travel to Cyprus this summer.

There has also been a spike in bookings to Greece, after the Greek Tourism Minister said that visitors are welcome if they have been vaccinated, have antibodies or have tested negative for coronavirus. Ministers in other destinations including Turkey, Spain and Portugal have also spoken positively about reopening to overseas visitors this summer.

The additional flights and holidays on sale from today are as follows (a breakdown by base can be found below too):
  • Canary Islands – thousands of additional seats to Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura between the end of June and early November.
  • Turkey – thousands of additional seats to Antalya, Bodrum and Dalaman between the end of June and late October.
  • Greece – thousands of additional seats to Corfu, Crete (Chania), Crete (Heraklion), Skiathos, Kos, Rhodes and Halkidiki from July until early November.
  • Cyprus – additional services to Paphos in October.
  • Mainland Spain – additional services to Malaga in September and October.
  • Portugal – additional services to Faro in September and October.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “The number of customers booking flights and package holidays with us to the Canary Islands, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus tells us that many people want nothing more than to get away this summer. This demand is there, and as ever we are quick to respond to what our customers are telling us, making sure we take them from our rainy islands to their favourite holiday choices.”

“Throughout the pandemic, we have done absolutely everything to look after our valued customers and independent travel agent partners, and we have always said that the sun will shine for them once again. We know that our destinations are keen to welcome holidaymakers from the UK, and the UK government has shown that there is a clear ambition to reopen international travel in the coming months. We look forward to more detail in due course and will be ready to take our customers on their well-deserved holidays when travel reopens.”

Breakdown of additional flights on sale by base:

• Belfast International – Dalaman, Tenerife
  • East Midlands – Lanzarote, Corfu, Gran Canaria, Paphos
  • Leeds Bradford – Bodrum, Crete (Chania), Dalaman, Crete (Heraklion), Skiathos, Kos, Gran Canaria, Rhodes.
  • Manchester – Tenerife, Lanzarote, Malaga, Faro, Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman, Skiathos, Corfu, Kos, Halkidiki and Paphos.
  • Newcastle – Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Malaga, Faro, Antalya, Dalaman, Corfu, Fuerteventura and Rhodes.

Whilst it makes for good press news - I cannot see the extra flights to Antalya, Crete Chania, Crete Heraklion, Kos or Gran Canaria. Unless they of course mean into September October period which to me whilst yes 2021 capacity is boosted is an Autumnal getaways.

I think what we also have to remember; not sure how advertisement work, but a company such as Jet2 which has a number of different advertisements just pays a set fee for the advertisements right? It is down to the individual channel to choose the advert is it not? Of course new adverts etc are expensive and they get to say this goes on there. But for the one you pointed out @LBA4EVER about the 757 I've only ever seen that on day time TV.
Jet 2 will decide exactly which ad is broadcast, and not the TV station. They have total control on the creative used, particularly when you realise they are paying huge sums of money to advertise on TV

Whilst it makes for good press news - I cannot see the extra flights to Antalya, Crete Chania, Crete Heraklion, Kos or Gran Canaria. Unless they of course mean into September October period which to me whilst yes 2021 capacity is boosted is an Autumnal getaways.
I also wondered as the schedules appear not to have changed yet, it could possibly be they haven’t got around to it or these extra flights as you suggest could be added on later into the season for the autumn period.

anybody able to shed any light onto these extra seats, are they actually an increase in peak flying?

Maybe some of these flights are Jet2 Holidays only? might be worth checking there for the extra flights i know S22 some flights are exclusive only to J2H

also new flights are Sept/Oct & some NOV flights for season extensions

Last edited:
Maybe some of these flights are Jet2 Holidays only? might be worth checking there for the extra flights i know S22 some flights are exclusive only to J2H

also new flights are Sept/Oct & some NOV flights for season extensions

I wonder if that "exclusivity" is strategic in terms of what will happen to the industry this year. Easier to transfer Jet2holiday customers over to them Jet2holiday only flights without the public buying seats on a .com basis. Then open them for sale within the winter.

It seems very odd that the airline is going for some flights been exclusive only to one side of the product (Jet2holiday).

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock