The actual practical implications of FCO advice only really relate potentially to coverage for your travel insurance - although there are companies which will cover you for travelling even for FCO all but essential travel destinations (Staysure, Battleface for example).

Other than that, you are free to leave the UK for any colour of country and for any reason - subject to entry at your destination and testing/self isolation when coming back to the UK.

If you want to go to an amber country, then just ensure you have your travel insurance sorted and go!

The fact is if they are looking at the same data which I presume they are. Then why is it different?

I would accept it; however we've been lied to repeatedly. We've got one of the best vaccine roll out going yet one of the most restrictive travel polices in place. Why?

Either this government believes the vaccines work and therefore we open up; or they lied (shock) and vaccines don't work (they do; Data indicates they do). It's all political and nothing else.

I wont accept it and neither should any of the travel. If we accept it; they'll be free to continue destroying a once thriving industry. All the while Germany opens up it's borders and it's airlines start to recover. What is different?

A smart move now by Jet2 as there’s literally no where to go now that Portugal has been taken off.

In my opinion what has happened today with portugal becoming an amber country i feel is the final nail in the coffin for air travel abroad this year. Todays news will probably tip the british public over the edge, if the uk government can change pretty much the one and only holiday destination from green to amber after just one month of lockdown easing then what else could they do, too much uncertainty and of course we have the virus itself, its not going away, wherever air travel opens up it spreads and is mutating, once again many points i raised at the start of the year sadly are occuring.
To all those who thought the jab would be our freedom! Haha

Last edited:
In my opinion what has happened today with portugal becoming an amber country i feel is the final nail in the coffin for air travel abroad this year. Todays news will probably tip the british public over the edge, if the uk government can change pretty much the one and only holiday destination from green to amber after just one month of lockdown easing then what else could they do, too much uncertainty and of course we have the virus itself, its not going away, wherever air travel opens up it spreads and is mutating, once again many points i raised at the start of the year sadly are occuring.
To all those who thought the jab would be our freedom! Haha

Not to detract but everything mutates. We've got a vaccine which does the job against every single mutation out there. Stop spreading that, quite frankly, BS.

As for your other point; I don't think travel will give up the fight. All it is doing is keeping people in the UK so they spend money in the UK economy. Pitty the absolute cretins don't realise money is spent in the UK economy before anyone goes overseas.

Not to detract but everything mutates. We've got a vaccine which does the job against every single mutation out there. Stop spreading that, quite frankly, BS.

As for your other point; I don't think travel will give up the fight. All it is doing is keeping people in the UK so they spend money in the UK economy. Pitty the absolute cretins don't realise money is spent in the UK economy before anyone goes overseas.
Viruses do mutate but overall do tend to get weaker, this is not, its clearly something else thats been created and not natural. Whatever peoples views on here what i can tell you is that it has come out of a Chinese lab, its made up of 4 enzymes one of which is made up of the most poisonous awful bits from bats. Anyway i think for me this year its just a case of work work work before the next lockdown haha

Why are people posting in the Jet2 thread when there is a specific thread for covid and its effects.
It isn't the politicians that is making my blood boil but it's people who are working to their own agenda and haven't the courtesy to post in the correct thread. I have always said that this is a friendly, informative forum but the LBA thread has taken been taken over (Jet2 in this case) and I think that it doesn't make anyone look good.
I read all the aviation threads on this forum and none have gone on about covid like this one. I want to read about aviation news, or history - not politics - I can go elsewhere for that.
Apparently another warning has gone out whilst I have been typing this, It will serve us right if the forum is suspended and you would have to go to another to make your point. I am sick, sick, sick to the back teeth of people taking over a thread.
There, I have had my say, I hope we can get to aviation discussion, pleaseeeeeeeeeee!

Yeah, I agree with that if the next review isn’t before the 24th then I don’t see them operating anywhere as all their destinations are currently amber.

I mean there’s 1 destination they could fly to and that is Iceland as they do fly there usually during the winter season, though they have plans to do year round flights from some bases. Maybe they could do a year round LBA route so it’s at least somewhere we can go.

Why can't they starts a few routes to Spain and Portugal too?

I know demand won't be as high due to the testing and self isolation required on return so perhaps it is only a few flights, but I am sure some will still want to book.

They will be flying from the 24th because currently all their routes are to amber countries, they are aware of that, its just that those who will be flying with them will need to quarantine upon rtn inc now portugal. My concern is will some of them destinations become red countries and how will the public react to the news today?

I know demand won't be as high due to the testing and self isolation required on return so perhaps it is only a few flights, but I am sure some will still want to book.

Agreed they could take a leaf out of Ryanair's book and operate flight-only to a few of the amber list destinations . Surely demand for those who go away for a month at a time to there holiday or 2nd homes.

• Thanks
Reactions: CM.

I think they should at a reduced schedule. Maybe to places like. BCN, PMI, ALC and maybe AGP. At maybe 2/3x weekly.

And to also add @lbaspotter people like me would have no issues with quarantining, as I have the time so if I could I would book with the Jet2 to somewhere like Spain.

Last edited:
But you cannot go on holiday to an amber country as it is essential travel only !
I’m fully aware of that! This mixed messaging doesn’t help anything. It was just a suggestion that Jet2 could offer something like what Ryanair are doing currently.

Whilst it is very interesting element to debate you have to consider that they are primarily a tour operator these days. And because of this I would suspect they'll find it hard to compete with the likes of Ryanair on the seat only market without the subsidy/profit & cost sharing of the holidays arm.

As for extension of not flying etc; I cannot find it and it is infuriating. I'll carry on looking and post if I do come across it. But there was a statement put out at some point either very early this year or late on last year which basically within it give 3 indicative dates of operations commencing.

One was May, One was July and the other September. As rightly pointed out; I suspect Mid July will be the next thing to come out of the airline. I expect that to be called tomorrow.

But you cannot go on holiday to an amber country as it is essential travel only !

I was always under the impression you can with extra rules stipulated. If you cannot visit an amber country it's red and green only and therefore it's not a traffic light system. It's a two colour flag.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock