Of course you can go to amber country, or even a red one even if you wish, and it can be for any reason - there is no legal prohibition on leaving the UK now. I noted this a few posts up, the FCO advice for all but essential travel has no impact other than potential travel insurance cover - but this can easily be sorted.

Steve Heapy has said this evening that Jet 2 will not restart to any amber destinations which makes sense to me.

To whom has he said this too? Which press? I googled and cannot find it at the moment.

It makes perfect sense. Given that I think you cannot sell package holidays to amber listed countries. Also coupled with the fact even if the DFT give you a green light; FCO advice against such travel to the destination makes it harder for travellers to get insurance.

Last edited:
If they aint flying to any amber countries then as i predicted this year is a right off! The many customers i meet every day simply have no idea whether they can fly to amber countries or not, no idea where or when to get the pcr test from when abroad and many are cancelling and remaining in the uk due to the ridiculous quarantine upon rtn to uk.
I thought this country was bonkers enough but the last two years is a whole new level!

Steve Heapy has said this evening that Jet 2 will not restart to any amber destinations which makes sense to me.
They did that last year so is no surprise with me. I just hope the government actually look at the data and see there are destinations that are worthy of going green so there are places Jet2 can fly to that people can go to.

Jet2 have increased capacity on the 3+ weekly (Tue, Thu & Sat) Leeds/Bradford - Jersey route from June 24th up until July 31st by swapping the planned Boeing 737-300 to the larger Boeing 737-800 operation.

The thing is; and it's not exactly a secret; can the 737-800 operate into and out of there comfortably? With a full 189? I know that it says it can on paper but reality is two different things. The A320 can. I believe it is similar to Gibraltar.

If they can good look to them and good for us let's be honest for the airport. Three full 189's a week is 1134 passengers through the terminal a week.

The thing is; and it's not exactly a secret; can the 737-800 operate into and out of there comfortably? With a full 189? I know that it says it can on paper but reality is two different things. The A320 can. I believe it is similar to Gibraltar.

I'm sure Jet2's new Boeing 737-8MG aircraft have the "Short field performance package" (SFP) installed? That should help

The problem is not necessarily the length of the route. It's the performance given other factors; a cliff on one edge of the runway, the weather, the ILS system (Cat 1) etc.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock