The problem is not necessarily the length of the route. It's the performance given other factors; a cliff on one edge of the runway, the weather, the ILS system (Cat 1) etc.
In the past Dan Air flew 1-11 500s and even the odd 727 into Jersey. The 1-11 in particular had very poor airfield performance. If that could do it, I am sure a 737 800 can. If it couldn't safety operate, Jet2 wouldn't be using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerseys runway makes landing runway 14 at LBA feel like a walk in the park! The 737 800 can be pretty fast on landing with sometimes a floating issue and takeoff can be a little longer than say an A320, Travel service have used 737 max8 into jersey in the past though.
Just before Dan air went under they operated around 3 or 4 flights a day in summer on sat and sundays with 1-11s, bae146 and 737s, great days!

Last edited:
This is exactly it @LBA4EVER. Everything things getting back to UK is a problem with full load; quite the opposite. No problem.

The problem is the landing distance available and what not. That is what is more problematic. An A320 can do it fine; a 737-800 maybe able to (given it doesn't float which it is known to do). An A321 will probably have to slam all on soon as the wheels touch the ground.

This is exactly it @LBA4EVER. Everything things getting back to UK is a problem with full load; quite the opposite. No problem.

The problem is the landing distance available and what not. That is what is more problematic. An A320 can do it fine; a 737-800 maybe able to (given it doesn't float which it is known to do). An A321 will probably have to slam all on soon as the wheels touch the ground.
I was checking a few clips on youtube of aircraft dep jersey, certainly no room for error and there is a big drop at the end of the runway!

There are multiple reports of double jabbed adults being able to travel to Amber countries as if they were green - an announcement in due course (apparently) - will this be enough for Jet2 to restart ops?
It was mentioned on this morning's news that they are considering lifting the quarantine requirement for double jabbed arrivals from amber list countries. That should enable flights to start at least to a degree. The problem remains families. If kids are not jabbed, what then?

It was mentioned on this morning's news that they are considering lifting the quarantine requirement for double jabbed arrivals from amber list countries. That should enable flights to start at least to a degree. The problem remains families. If kids are not jabbed, what then?

What about half jabbed? What about red countries?

Or is this press release to press to coerce more people into getting the vaccine. Talk about creating a two tier society.

What about those that cannot medically take the vaccine?

Maybe if we stopped testing as bloody much, 'cases' therefore 'infections' would fall off a cliff. And therefore EU would add us to a "white list" and be happy. Not that many countries in Europe aren't happy to have us.

No I'm genuinely asking; what about those who cannot take the vaccine medically? Or those that are visiting red countries are they treated like Amber countries? Or half vaccinated? They are not a risk at all to anyone. What also is the implications for overseas destinations? We know European countries are willing to accept British tourists.

Therefore then what is the impact on Jet2holdiays/Jet2.com? Is it viable to operate?

Its all well and good saying we are thinking about it but they haven't really thought about it.

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock