A220 would definitely make sense on thin sun routes / city breaks, A321NEO is a good shout for high config routes, would it have performance issues out of LBA? hopefully not.

And any replacement of the 737-800's? A320NEO's?

Yes I get Jet2 has 34 young 737-800's correct. But some of the other 800's are getting on a wee bit.

Either way this is positive news this industry needs. And clearly indication Jet2 is going to be around for quite some time to come yet.

Also do they know something we don't?

The a321neo will be fine operating from LBA, no problem at all, aint that the whole point of the neo plus it has extra range? For me the airbus a320/1neo is far superior to the boeing 737 max, and like mentioned before boeing are messing about with a very old air frame thats not suited to bigger engines. For me jet2 and airbus would work well

But the airline replaced 737-300 with 737-800's at bases such as Newcastle, Belfast, East Midlands and proven that they can sell the 737-800 amount of seats on routes that were previously 737-300. If they cannot they've either been reduced in number of flights a week or cut all together. The only place we now have them Is good ol' LBA. Is it worth investing in a replacement at LBA for a few niche routes to for example Amsterdam and Paris or letting them go?

The other thought process I have is they'll be used to expand the bases I've mentioned as they are not going in with minimum 180 seats.

I would expect a decision on a replacement for the 733 to be made sooner rather than later. This fleet, as far as I am aware, hasn't carried any passengers since about March 2020. The aircraft aren't getting any younger, they're not flying very often and only for short distances, they're not making any money whilst parked and all the time are becoming less attractive on the used market, if indeed they have any value in that respect. If it was my decision, I'd want to cut my losses and plan to have the 733 gone by the time new aircraft are being delivered.

FWIW, my money is on the Airbus 220 as successor to the 733. The A321 NEO to take over from the 757 seems reasonable too. As White Heather has stated, Boeing currently doesn't have a suitable replacement for the 733 which could result in Airbus getting the nod.

Beats me why Boeing stopped making the 757. With the 'NEO' treatment...

Good to see the 757 in holiday livery on the approach to Man on Sunday. There were quite a few Jet2 airframes taking off and landing most of the day. I was at Tatton Park which is not too far away from the flight paths.

Good to see the 757 in holiday livery on the approach to Man on Sunday. There were quite a few Jet2 airframes taking off and landing most of the day. I was at Tatton Park which is not too far away from the flight paths.
It would be even better to see the 757 on the flight path to Leeds. Their absence is like an itch I cannot scratch.

I love the Boeing stuff having worked on and around them for 17 years however, I definitely think Airbus can offer better suited replacements for the current and future fleet.

A220 to replace the 733

A321neo and A321neoLR to replace the 757

I also don’t expect the 738’s to go anywhere anytime soon, the fleet will sit side by side with any new acquisitions and will probably still be the backbone for many years to come.

If the A220 is taken I can see it being used for lighter demand routes and or to build up new markets.

The 321neo and neoLR will obviously replace the mighty 757 on bulk routes as well as adding replacement longer mission capability.

I’ve noticed on Flightradar24 that Saturdays flight to Malaga is down to be operated by 757-200 G-LSAE. I know people say FR24s not always reliable but they can be quite accurate with aircraft types used. Looking on Jet2s website it looks to operated by the usual B738 but would be a nice welcome if FR24 is being truthful. I guess we will have to wait and see what turns up.

Could be doing MAN-LBA-AGP-LBA-MAN.

Today’s AGP and ALC will be operating via MAN

3+ Jet2 flights doing double drops today 1+ by as Newcastle based aircraft & 2+ Leeds based aircraft, due to poor loads.

LS597 NCL-LBA/ LS252 LBA-FAO/ LS598 FAO-NCL
LS185 LBA-MAN/ LS809 MAN-AGP/ LS186 AGP-LBA
LS271 LBA-MAN / LS879 MAN-ALC / LS272 ALC-LBA

Last edited:
4+ Non based aircraft operating double load flights are positioning into LBA tomorrow morning.

LS169 MAN-LBA / LS197 LBA-IBZ / LS170 IBZ-MAN
LS373 NCL-LBA / LS375 LBA-MAH / LS374 MAH-NCL
LS875 MAN-LBA / LS252 LBA-FAO / LS876 FAO-MAN
LS809 MAN-LBA / LS185 LBA-AGP / LS810 AGP-MAN (Possibly a B752)

Trouble is @White Heather they say these things, then it changes when government introduce a new category or do something to kick the confidence from underneath the industry. Then we are here where we are having double load flights.

I’d love to know what loads would of been like had they not gone against their task force and from his cupboard underneath his stairs Shapps launched amber plus.

Trouble is @White Heather they say these things, then it changes when government introduce a new category or do something to kick the confidence from underneath the industry. Then we are here where we are having double load flights.

I’d love to know what loads would of been like had they not gone against their task force and from his cupboard underneath his stairs Shapps launched amber plus.
Yes I agree with what you say but surely for customer satisfaction it would be better to drop the return flights back through LBA rather than passengers being dumped at Manchester/Newcastle to face a nice coach trip back to Leeds.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock