@CM. good news.

From what I can see:

22/29 OCT - LS243 08:15/12:50 13:40/18:20
23/30 OCT - LS243 14:05/18:40 19:30/00:10

Proof that Winter 22/23 is more to do with the terminal plans than the airport/airline relationship. Clearly things are picking up after easing of restrictions.

Winter 21/22 there is also two Tenerife flights Friday/Saturday throughout November and December. Probably still waiting on response for the first 3 months of 2022.

think to bare in mind, Jet2 at one point had split terminal operations at MAN, now that is definitely not customer friendly, at least we can get them all squeezed into the same terminal..

Hopefully after COP26 and any fallout from it has settled we’ll find out one way or another about the terminal. At least then the airport can move forward and plan accordingly together with the airlines for the future. Being in limbo like this does no one any favours and if we feel frustrated as observers and users what must it be like for those who run LBA and work there?

Not sure why aviation / UK aviation always gets the brunt of it, other industries are much worse.. very frustrating
Because it's an easy target and considered a luxury not a necessity by many and isn't much of a vote loser.
Imagine if the government told people to stop eating meat, there'd be uproar. Not so much with flying.

It's the easy target for an incompetent government. Thats why @Ap1995. It's also easier to target other industries than tackle the real problem - China.

The real problem is IT. So whilst these people lecture us about our footprint, they are doing it with an iPhone. Which requires far more power to power all the servers than going on holiday. Don't be fooled.

It's the easy target for an incompetent government. Thats why @Ap1995. It's also easier to target other industries than tackle the real problem - China.

The real problem is IT. So whilst these people lecture us about our footprint, they are doing it with an iPhone. Which requires far more power to power all the servers than going on holiday. Don't be fooled.
I dont consider the government incompetent, but that aside I think we would find the Labour Party (if in power) would be much more environmentalist in their approach.

@LBAYORKIE it really doesn’t matter who’s in power, the climate change agenda all that goes with it, will be pushed to top of the list. Interestingly, some may disagree, but Alex Sobel has a very interesting and good idea for taxation on flights. Basically it increases the more you fly. Initially it’s free … no tax. So it’s kinda a win win.

Whatever happens we know COP26 will be used to whip aviation. Steve Heapy has said it himself.

Its all down to infrastructure again im afraid, we see it time after time with airlines not been able to expand at LBA to their full potential because of this issue. Through speaking to a jet2 engineer i can tell you all on here now that they will be very little growth from jet2 at LBA in the near future until the terminal and apron space is sorted out!
I’m sorry but how would that engineer know? Surely LS management don’t tell the engineers their plans so I don’t know how he would know this.

Jet2 seem to add something most years like this year. Skiathos and Santorini. Next year Catania and Olbia along with expansion on current routes. Regardless of the new terminal the current one will still be in operation whilst the new one is built. So Jet2 can still add if they wish to do so. Plus you don’t need to base more aircraft for this. You can use away based jets and operate at quieter times of the day.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but how would that engineer know? Surely LS management don’t tell the engineers their plans so I don’t know how he would know this.

Jet2 seem to add something most years like this year. Skiathos and Santorini. Next year Catania and Olbia along with expansion on current routes. Regardless of the new terminal the current one will still be in operation whilst the new one is built. So Jet2 can still add if they wish to do so. Plus you don’t need to base more aircraft for the this. You can use away based jets and operate at quieter times of the day.
Yes they do add the odd route or two each year such a skiathos which tend to be twice weekly but thats hardly expansion like we are hoping for here at LBA. This region deserves more, alot more!

I agree that the region deserves more as were treated like sh*t here. But new routes are a bonus and not forgetting ones currently served as Jet2 usually add more capacity if demand is there. Just as they have done recently with the Canary’s.

Yes they do add the odd route or two each year such a skiathos which tend to be twice weekly but thats hardly expansion like we are hoping for here at LBA. This region deserves more, alot more!

You really seem to forget that new routes, no matter which airline, take time to get going. Skiathos, Santorini, Mykonos has never been tried from LBA ever before or that I can recall. If they have I can assure you the airline will not have taken any risk and it would have been the tour operator (such as Olympic Holidays) taking the risk - IE a set amount of flights, on set day, at set cost. Full or not the tour operator will have paid the airline.

Your consistent blame of the infrastructure is nothing short now of getting tiresome. Yes the region deserves far better and has been badly let down since the 1980's. Yes the airport has been let down for years and we do deserve a new, shiny new, terminal. But no where under the plans is there any plans to have more stands. Therefore can I now ask how you would like Jet2 to expand into new destinations if they can not physically increase the amount of aircraft that are parked overnight to operate first thing, come back and back out in the aft, to come back in the evening/early hours next morning? Unless they start robbing Peter to pay Paul = Cancel a PMI rotation in favour of a shiny new destination.

I'll also like to point out, where can Jet2 now go with new destinations from LBA? Majority, if not all, holiday destinations are covered by them. I don't see how they can expand anymore and where too? What's left is niche where the likes of the MAN/BHX/London catchment area will be able to fill the aircraft due to the larger and varied catchment area. Where do you want Jet2 to go from LBA that is currently not served by Jet2 @ LBA but other bases?

May I also point out without Jet2, Monarch would have left a very large gaping hole in the LBA network. At every opportunity Jet2 have expanded to ensure that LBA picks up some demand from it's own catchment area whilst also giving an alternative to MAN. 2020 they were planning on 8 weekly flights to Antalya and Dalaman which one has to assume is due to the demand from the LBA catchment area and TC demise which leaves a huge gap in the market from the North (They had up to 20+ flights to both AYT and DLM from MAN for S19 did TC).

As for the engineer that is simply hearsay. A large company such as Jet2, similar to the NHS, a supermarket etc, will always have rumours. I bet one of those is that the 321NEO will be going east cost of America. You want to hear the BA rumours. ;) The reality is the plans for the future, the long term strategic planning, is done at executive level and done very privately behind the scenes. Some of the stuff is hidden within the end of year results, like all corporations however you have to find it.

From Looking at other threads Jet2 could start releasing Summer 2023 flights. In a few days or so.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock