SZG isnt well served from the UK in summer- I think only Stansted and nothing from the North. Many airports have flights to INN (as indeed we used to) so I dont see why an SZG couldnt work. Its the perfect gateway for the Austrian alps- and dont forget the Red Bull museum is on the airport.

SZG isnt well served from the UK in summer- I think only Stansted and nothing from the North. Many airports have flights to INN (as indeed we used to) so I dont see why an SZG couldnt work. Its the perfect gateway for the Austrian alps- and dont forget the Red Bull museum is on the airport.
TUi do Salzburg from MAN.

I did hear that Adria airlines who used to fly to Ljubljana via Brussels from MAN went bust in 2019 and now the only UK airlines serving there are Wizz and Easy (who we flew with from Gatwick). They only currently fly from Luton and Gatwick I think, so Jet2 could pick up the northern traffic. Ljubljana airport is small but efficient and following the demise of Adria is much quieter than it was. Taxis reputedly cost a small fortune from the airport into the city but there was also a bus service which was somewhat infrequent but reasonable priced. All this is now quite old info and may be well out of date. Please check. Jet2 could start off by doing a city break and testing the water. Although we have been before I would be tempted.

Last edited:
I would add that the Julian alps region is really only for winter holidays and, as has been pointed out, is not particularly convenient if flying into Salzburg. I don't even know if there is a public transport linking the two. Ljubljana is about an hour by coach from the region and that is much more handy but I don't know why, as far as I am aware, no carrier used Ljubljana airport as a winter jumping off point. If Jet2 were interested in doing something there I'm sure they could do a good deal with the airport as I suspect the airport would welcome them with open arms.

Tui do summer kranjska Gora in the Julian Alps, all served via Salzburg transfer which is about 3.5 hours with a comfort stop. I’ve used the Manchester summer flight to Salzburg umpteen times and what is interesting is there is always a lot of Yorkshire folk on the flights. One time when we stayed in Kitzbuhel nearly everyone in the hotel was from West and North Yorkshire and everyone had flown out of Manchester. So lakes and mountains can generate custom and often like myself repeat custom. Both Jet2 and LBA should investigate a route or two as they are likely lucrative. Whilst we have normally caught a deal, generally holidays cost more than a bucket and spade break, so possibly some money in for the tour operator?

Dem were the days seeing JAT, Adria and Aviogenex in abundance at LBA on a weekend. Much as Jet2 have done so much for LBA everything has become a little mundane these days. Let’s hope for more from Flybe and U2 and EI stay on BHD as well as DUB - if only for variety. Oh and of course there is the mysterious IPS................

Yes I meant Larnaca-Leeds. Sorry.

Summer is well and truly here.

Larnaca I believe is on the edge of the limits crew can go there and back on based on the legal hours. Stand to be corrected.

I know that Egypt is also there but I'm believe they have a enhancements (the crew) in terms of rest for that. Also know that at some points during the last 6 months TUI have been doing Cape Verde and Back with one crew - no stopping. Quite a long day that.

I hope it’s not true but I can’t see Amsterdam on the destinations list anymore. A real shame if they dropped this one as it was the first route Jet2 did out of LBA.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock