I would personally like to see further Greek islands served including Mykonos

So would I but from a different airline. Jet2 must have at least 90% of the Greek market share from LBA. It is fantastic that this summer we go to fly from LBA to JTR on the -800. Which was full both legs. So even to see more frequencies on the existing routes would be great. I was massively surprised by WIZZ's presence at both Santorini and Mykonos with them both being seen as such 'luxury islands'. They do seem to have cut frequencies back for 23 though.

Any further W patterns from TUI to the Greek islands or even from Ryanair/easyJet bases would be VERY welcomed.

Do we think Wizz would consider non Eastern European routes for LBA? They have some great bases across Europe that would perfectly suit LBA. It never seemed to take their fancy at DSA until the base was announced.

Anyway that's my Friday food for thought...
Post automatically merged:

I personally think the expansion will be more bucket and spade - I think the destinations you mention Sherburnflyer92 plus Cape Verde. I just hope that LBA does ok out of the expansion and that it isn’t all other bases. Fingers crossed 🤞
My only concern is what room is there for further Jet2 expansion at LBA - especially in summer. Im sure the airline and airport have a good relationship, but when you cannot grow any further you move on, or grow elsewhere...

Louis_walton that’s my concern too, that we may miss out due to the anticipated terminal works, or lack of apron space. However, I am hopeful that there is scope to play with schedules and quieter periods, so that we get something. Aircraft parking is something that could be sorted relatively quickly too, so let’s hope planning is going on behind the scenes.

Do we think Wizz would consider non Eastern European routes for LBA
Personally not with Wizz UK as I’ve think we’ve got the bucket and spade destination's covered by Jet2,Ryanair and TUI. I however think city break routes will work more if they were to add such as Madrid,Lisbon Venice among others. Even longer routes such as Abu Dhabi could work as they have the right aircraft types.

As for being worried about lack of space I don’t see why as Jet2 based an extra aircraft here during the peak period and there seemed to be no issues then. Any new routes that get added shouldn’t have an impact on apron space I think.

As for being worried about lack of space I don’t see why as Jet2 based an extra aircraft here during the peak period and there seemed to be no issues then. Any new routes that get added shouldn’t have an impact on apron space I think.

During Summer 19, Jet2 had two overseas bases (PMI/ALC). They operated flights into LBA from there freeing up the aircraft to go elsewhere. I hope they bring back those bases soon.

Could be good if they did as the ALC and PMI flights could be done with away based units meaning any new routes can be done by based aircraft

During Summer 19, Jet2 had two overseas bases (PMI/ALC). They operated flights into LBA from there freeing up the aircraft to go elsewhere. I hope they bring back those bases soon.
Though it will become increasingly challenging for them to find crew who have both the right to live and work in the EU and also happen to still hold a UK CAA licence.

Though it will become increasingly challenging for them to find crew who have both the right to live and work in the EU and also happen to still hold a UK CAA licence.

I’m lead to believe that a number of the pilots that were based ALC/PMI, Spanish nationals, kept their CAA licence. They’ve been working out of other bases since the closure of both bases but if they were to open then they’d probably head back. Since a number probably commute.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock