All part of their master plan to increase in size and without needing additional bases, aircraft and staff. OK it’s a small increase but perhaps they should partner with Tesco because every little helps. And for those routes not quite year round, a good way to further test the water before hopefully eventually making them year round. Good for both Jet2 and LBA

Other supermarkets are available!

Surely will need to be flown on one of their A321s and we know where they will probably be based first!

A321NEO for sure. And yes Manchester for first base given it makes total sense as the 3 ex Tommy Cook A321 are based there. Engineers, tooling, qualified crew.

With 70 on order LBA will be getting their fair share but this depends on the delivery schedule from Airbus. Let's be honest Jet2 filled a 757 no problem winter or summer day in and out out of LBA, and given the limited parking stands available etc increasing to an A321 from a B738 is good way of a) increasing seat capacity through LBA without based aircraft and b) appeasing the idiotic climate change morons re: noise in an evening.

As I've alluded to they maybe coming sooner than majority of members for LBA think. Cape Verde will also be served first from BHX STN and MAN if we are honest. But unlike TUI Jet2 like to expand these destinations out to the regions.... so yes we may have to wait but it's a very good winter sun destination so I expect it expanded out to Newcastle, Leeds, Bristol, East Midlands, Glasgow/Edinburgh.

My only concern here is whether there is actually enough bed capacity in Cape Verde to accommodate minimum circa 230 pax a week from all Jet2 bases. It may be they don’t touch the route from the bases where TUI already fly the route so the regions may have a better shout - unlikely I know but just a thought

My only concern here is whether there is actually enough bed capacity in Cape Verde to accommodate minimum circa 230 pax a week from all Jet2 bases. It may be they don’t touch the route from the bases where TUI already fly the route so the regions may have a better shout - unlikely I know but just a thought
They may also have a concern as to whether enough people would actually want to go there. I personally wouldn`t..I`ve heard some very mixed reports on it.

Egypt is getting some negative coverage on human rights issues at the moment so wouldn't surprise me if Jet2 decided not to fly there.

Egypt is getting some negative coverage on human rights issues at the moment so wouldn't surprise me if Jet2 decided not to fly there.

Most people ignore that. Unless they have an uprising it wouldn’t affect the choice of holiday. Egypt’s a lovely country with fantastic people who always make everyone feel welcome. I’d go back tomorrow.

Only a minority of do gooding people won’t go and we can all imagine where I think they can place their misplaced gooding…..

Jet2 is very risk averse so I'm not convinced they'll return to Egypt while it's not the safest place to be. Interestingly I've done a fair amount of reading about Cape Verde recently and its one of the most open thinking African countries with a big European influence. A largely Christian population means it will be easy for European tourists to adapt to the local culture. It's probably the closest we can get a Caribbean holiday without going to the Caribbean. Just recently though there was some media coverage where a bunch of Tui holiday makers had got food poisoning whilst staying on the islands. Perhaps some guidance on food hygiene might be worthwhile. All in all though it looks an amazing place to go with pure white beaches, palms and golden sunsets. The temperature is at or around 28'c for much of the year.

The trouble however @Aviador is the limited things to do. It's not like one of the Canary Islands but further south and guaranteed weather. It's undeveloped in many resorts meaning limited things to do unless people are happy to stay in their hotel complexes (bit like some resorts in the Caribbean).

I'd hazard a guess that if Jet2 were to go and with guaranteed tourist and increasing that every year this could mean the government invest in resorts etc.

One other thing to note - Thomas Cook/Thomas Cook holidays tried Cape Verde for one season. It never returned.

Egypt is very much a marmite destination, interestingly what spoilt it for us was the Sharm sh@ts, the hotel went down with it and we ended up with a full refund. The beach was great as we were miles out of town near Naqb, the hotel except food was immaculate but security machines and armed guards made it feel far from relaxing. As for friendly people, some were, but not universally and outside of the hotel it was very sketchy.

It's a long time since Thomas Cook were around so I wouldn't judge #CapeVerde on the back of what they did.

i_0192677-1-768x510.jpg

A quiet holiday mooching around untouched quaint villiages suits plenty of people. If Jet2 were to go there, I can't see it being a daily feature. Probably more likely once weekly.

Cape-Verde-1700388472.jpg

I'll be honest It's already tempting me!

Sal and Boa Vista, the main holiday destinations are much more like Lanzarote and Fuerteventura. Both volcanic and not overly green. Some of the outer islands may be more green and in that sense they will mirror the canaries and Caribbean islands, as the weather is dependant on being leeward or windward, or as the Spanish would say, barlovento or sotovento 😀

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock