Any negativity?

Coming from Greta Thunderbird lapdog probably.

EDIT - Quick look. Nothing on the disappointing terminal news, nothing on the fact head offices are in Leeds bringing economic prosperity to Leeds and the region, nothing on where's next what's next. A quick brief on why LBA, then typical quiz down on the propaganda bull sh*t about some climate change crap.

Last edited:
Coming from Greta Thunderbird lapdog probably.

EDIT - Quick look. Nothing on the disappointing terminal news, nothing on the fact head offices are in Leeds bringing economic prosperity to Leeds and the region, nothing on where's next what's next. A quick brief on why LBA, then typical quiz down on the propaganda bull sh*t about some climate change crap.
Could only be bbc spencer stokes then!

Could only be bbc spencer stokes then!
It was - but considering it was him, I thought it was a good report. He did ask what Jet2 were doing to reduce Carbon emissions, but accepted the response re buying the A321NE0s without argument. That was the only reference to anything negative.
Overall, it was a really good item - lots of detail and old video from the past, AND - it was shown outside the Look North area. It was certainly shown on Look East

It was - but considering it was him, I thought it was a good report. He did ask what Jet2 were doing to reduce Carbon emissions, but accepted the response re buying the A321NE0s without argument. That was the only reference to anything negative.
Overall, it was a really good item - lots of detail and old video from the past, AND - it was shown outside the Look North area. It was certainly shown on Look East
Yes i agree it was a good report plus it was pretty good marketing for LBA selling the airport well with no mention of other airports jet2 fly from.
Of course with it been the bbc they had to have abit on carbon emissions but spencer was silenced when he spoke about the A321neos.

I suspect official press release will come in due course, I also suspect this will coincide with the 20th anniversary of Jet2.com but

Jet2holiday is now the largest tour operator in the U.K. An achievement for a 16 year old tour operator and 20 year old airline. A Yorkshire company to be proud of.

On this day 20 years ago, February 12th 2003 the very first Jet2 Boeing 737-300 departed Leeds/Bradford at 07:00 as LS201 to Amsterdam

Happy 20th Birthday to Yorkshire's own successful and still growing based airline Jet2.com

#Jet2 #Birthday #Leeds #Amsterdam #LS201
#Boeing737300

1583956903789.png

Last edited:
I really do feel Jet2 are missing out by not flying to Palma over the entire winter season. Just having a quick look this morning and already the first 7 flights on sale from the 24th February have sold out. This includes both flight only and Jet2holidays. Flights seem to be operating on 300’s, surely an increase to a 800 is justified. Even the first inbound from Palma on the 24th, which I thought would be dead, has over 40 seats already pre booked and of course not everyone pre books their seats so there could be more.

Having lived in Mallorca the winter months are dead as a dodo.
Some hotels have snow bird Norwegians and Germans who book for a few months at a time, but generally speaking very few hotels, or businesses are open except in Palma itself. Winter could work, if they marketed Pama as a city break destination, as Palma would make an excellent 3 or 4 night destination and plenty to see pretty centrally. Maybe twice a week for city breaks and VFR could work.

Totally agree HX3, Palma is a gorgeous city with plenty to see and do. I would also expect that there are quite a few Brits who own properties on Mallorca. I would expect twice weekly flights through the winter to be popular.
With Jet2's focus now being mainly on package holidays, I'd have thought a twice weekly winter flight to Palma would fit better with Ryanair.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock