Answered Logged in on PC but can't reply

Advertisement

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
I am apparently logged in on my PC but there's no option for me to post anything as it says i need to log in! Have no issues with oher websites i'm registered on. Dont want to use my phone 100% of the time just for here!

Anyone else with this problem?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
I am apparently logged in on my PC but there's no option for me to post anything as it says i need to log in! Have no issues with oher websites i'm registered on. Dont want to use my phone 100% of the time just for here!

Anyone else with this problem?

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
took a couple of goes but sorted (for the moment?). Very odd that I lost connectivity when I went to other websites and came back again when I use the "stay logged in" feature?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
We had a couple of glitches regarding login with FB & Twitter but this has been sorted. Hopefully no more problems.

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
And back to the same problem. 'FIddlesticks' as my aunt would say.

rollo

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2014
I'm also having problems every time I log in I keep having to reset my password I'm the first to admit that I am probably the most computer illiterate person in the Midlands but never had problems before, using a tablet if that makes any difference
I get reconnected but next time I log on I'm back to being a guest and have to go through the same process, probably me being thick?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
David Itl

I'm mobile at the moment. Give me a minute and I'll crank up the laptop and
have a better look.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
No issues at this end so far but still checking. What browser are you using?

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
For my sins its Firefox on Vista OS. Out and about now but does seem strange that no issues elsewhere.

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
Home (not without an alarm as the phone decided to be silly beggars and stopped working!). Just done that and it worked. Closed it down then restarted and it's still got me logged in. Success!

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
I'm also having problems every time I log in I keep having to reset my password I'm the first to admit that I am probably the most computer illiterate person in the Midlands but never had problems before, using a tablet if that makes any difference
I get reconnected but next time I log on I'm back to being a guest and have to go through the same process, probably me being thick?
Actually rollout you're not the only one! I have problems if I try to manually login on my mobile, but it works if launched from my Password account. Very strange.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Are you using Chrome? On my phone I can login normally using the in-built Internet access but when I use Chrome it logs me out each time. On my laptop Chrome works totally fine. I'll mention it to Ashley.S to see if he has any idea?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
In fact I have just resolved the problem. I removed my home screen shortcut and then re-saved my home screen shortcut. Works totally fine now without login out each time.

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
Seems to have sorted itself out (probably just jinxed it!). Now it's just getting an intermittent thing on my phone where it logs me out completely (never shows I'm online, unlike the PC issue)

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Thanks for the update. Yes, I do use Chrome and I'll see how I get on later in the day. It's strange how "Lastpass" always manages to log me in, but doing it manually is a problem.
Never mind, time to make the morning coffee!!

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Interesting, or otherwise, little gremlin seems to have crept into the system. On both my phone and laptop (Chrome on both), if I'm logged on and then try to select User001's Trip Report, or a photograph it takes me to a new screen that I am logged-out from. This means I can't make any comment or likes.

Any thoughts? I'll leave it with you for investigation.

Thanks

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Sorry to hear you're having problems once again. Here's what you need to do to fix it.

• First of all you must log out of the forum completely.
  • At this point remove any short-cuts from your laptop or mobile device.
  • Go to your browser settings and delete your laptop or mobile device cookies.
  • Re log-on to the forum either using your forum username and password or by using your Twitter, FB or Google account.
At that point you can recreate a new short-cut to the forum.
  • On Chrome the blue star to the right side of the browser will enable you to re-save the site into your "favourites"
  • On mobile phone and other Android devices you can do this by touching the dot-dot-dot symbol at the top right then select "Add to home screen" This will add an App lookalike tab to your device home screen.
Once complete you should remain logged in throughout your visit to Forums4airports.

Top Bottom