Advertisement

Verona & Lake Garda

thunderchild

Platinum Member
Aug 29, 2013
Lichfield
Thread starter #1
Hi all,
Looking ahead to next summer and planning on spending a few days in Verona in June. Want to tick a few things off the bucket list so hopefully taking in a day trip to Venice too.

Any one have any tips or recommendations?

Advertisement

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #2
Hi all,
Looking ahead to next summer and planning on spending a few days in Verona in June. Want to tick a few things off the bucket list so hopefully taking in a day trip to Venice too.

Any one have any tips or recommendations?
It's looks a beautiful place looking at Wikipedia. I've never personally been to Italy at all so I'm afraid I'm of no use with regards to recommendations. We have recently been looking at camp site, perhaps a little unusual for holidays abroad but we thought it might work out a little cheaper. When we checked though, the flights were still really expensive as we needed to go in the summer holidays. I'm surprised TheLocalYokel hasn't replied to be honest as I'm fairly sure he's been to that neck-of-the-woods.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verona

Image: Eurocampings.eu
Perfect for families and a perfect base to visit the region.
https://www.eurocampings.co.uk/italy/veneto/verona/peschiera-del-garda/campsite-bella-italia-101059/

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Moderator #4

thunderchild

Platinum Member
Aug 29, 2013
Lichfield
Thread starter #5
I would definitely recommend it; there are enough facilities and entertainment on site that essentially you wouldn't have to leave the campsite but it's also a great base for exploring Tuscany - Florence, Pisa and Siena are all easily accessible via train - even Rome is doable (though it would be a long day). Off course you've also got the option to hire a car. The villiage has a superb Co-Op supermarket to pick up all the essentials and the best part is camping without the worry of it pouring down with rain - unless your really unlucky!

I also recommend the wine tasting!

Advertisement

Top Bottom