Advertisement

Advertisement

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
All looking very impressive. What is actually left to do and is there a completion date?

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
There is still plenty to be done before the whole project is completed.

The T2 extension opens in April 2020 and then the current terminal closes for refurbishment.

Pier 3 starts in 2020 which again, I believe, is a two year timescale and finally Pier 2 is scheduled between 2022 and 2024.

So, the bad news is that I will,God permitting, still be doing updates for another 5 years!!

1-11days

Apr 10, 2017
Cheshire
Echo that, thank you Scottie. Just one question, when does the existing terminal 2 close for refurb - is it immediately on the extension opening or will we have both over next summer?

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
I understand that as T2X opens the old terminal will close for refurbishment. As I get further news I'll publish it on here.

Mathew Richards

Feb 20, 2018
Toulouse
Great images it’s amazing seeing the progress pacing along. Looking forward to the final result and the demolition of T1, the only thing i’ll miss is level 13.

tattyd

Nov 18, 2017
USA
Love the aerial shots. I really hope they find a way to make the dropoff zone blend a little bit more seamlessly between legacy T2 and T2X...

Has anybody found any trip reports from pax travelling through Pier 1? I'm really curious to hear what the passenger experience is like.

Nov 29, 2016
Manager
Love the aerial shots. I really hope they find a way to make the dropoff zone blend a little bit more seamlessly between legacy T2 and T2X...

Has anybody found any trip reports from pax travelling through Pier 1? I'm really curious to hear what the passenger experience is like.
Hi, first post but long time lurker.

I had the pleasure of flying from Pier 1 in May with my wife and 2 young daughters (1 & 5). We found the new pier excellent, it was light and airy, plenty of seating and great views out of the windows. The toilets are a massive improvement then what's in the old part of the terminal including the baby changing facilities. There were charging facilities scattered around near the gates as well as water fountains near the toilets.
The only poor point were the quiet gate announcements unless directly under the speaker.
The walk isn't too bad, we went from gate A12? (The one at the end!). It would be a lot less walking when the T2 extension opens.

Overall, if the rest of T2 is done as well as Pier 1, it will be great. But that's just my opinion and I'm not a frequent flyer, just someone going on their family holiday.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
110012 - firstly a big welcome to F4A and thank you for your comments on your Pier One experience.

I did read some where else about the poor quality of the individual gate announcements and so I will pass your comment on to a member of the MANTP team - in the hope that this be corrected.

marni1971

Nov 21, 2017
Manchester
Some excellent pictures there. Thanks for posting.

It’s a little sad to finally see the little new part of T2X that matches the legacy design, only for it then to turn into the office block appearance.

D25A1775-8046-439D-BE1D-DE319EA2401E.jpeg

Looking forward to the continued progression to next April.

tattyd

Nov 18, 2017
USA
It’s a little sad to finally see the little new part of T2X that matches the legacy design, only for it then to turn into the office block appearance.
Bless them!! At least they tried! I wish the energy could have been channeled to make the old building look newer (e.g. around check in), but I guess we can't have everything :)

(At least there'll be floor to ceiling glass windows in that part of T2X...)

We found the new pier excellent, it was light and airy, plenty of seating and great views out of the windows. The toilets are a massive improvement then what's in the old part of the terminal including the baby changing facilities.
Thanks so much for the report! I'm excited to travel through there. One thing I wasn't sure from the photos was whether it would feel spartan or futuristic. (There's a lot of hard surfaces and exposed corrugated metal - could go either way). Sounds like it feels good and airy!

Nov 29, 2016
Manager
Thanks for the warm welcome, I did try to get some pictures but only managed the one while waiting to board. It's the joys of travelling with kids!
IMG_16062019_202628_(960_x_1280_pixel).jpg

I think that most surfaces have been painted white softened the exposed nature of the pier. This along with the large windows helped with the lightness.
The photo was taken at 6.30am on an overcast day, so hopefully this will give you an idea of what it's like on a normal Manchester day.

Mathew Richards

Feb 20, 2018
Toulouse
Some of the images i’ve seen for security look like it’s carpeted...I hope my eyes are deceiving me, carpet does not go well at Manchester! It’ll be dirty too quickly. I’m still waiting for T3 to get rid of their’s in the arrivals level

Advertisement

Top Bottom