Advertisement

LS@MAN

Feb 20, 2018
UK
I hope everyone is well...
I recently saw a time lapse video from the ATC tower which showed some work progressing on the new taxiway next to the hangers, is there a completion date for this and the remaining work within the new T2?

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
I hope everyone is well...
I recently saw a time lapse video from the ATC tower which showed some work progressing on the new taxiway next to the hangers, is there a completion date for this and the remaining work within the new T2?
I'm afraid LS@MAN that I am currently as much in the dark as yourself due my contacts being on furlough.

I'll keep a note of your request and will let you know when I hear anything.

marni1971

Nov 21, 2017
Manchester
I had to make a short trip this morning which took me past the airport, so I drove around T2 via Palma Avenue. T2X appears done aside from the few hoardings left standing. Lights were on. Direction signs were up. Drop off and exit ramp is tarmacced and painted, the contentious drop off exit barriers are in place, the drop off approach ramp has been re marked (and obviously coned off) - all that were missing were cars and people. A few builders were still walking around. As we know the extension has been handed over, if the work cabins weren’t there you’d think it was open on a quiet day.

LS@MAN

Feb 20, 2018
UK
@marni1971 it's good to hear the new T2X has been handed over and is effectively complete.
I hope we see it open to passengers this year...given the increase in flights from July/August, surely it's inevitable...

Dirky dirk

Jun 3, 2020
Manchester
So its all but finished is it?
Didnt take very long,
I have some questions
Is there two arms sticking out from t2?
Is there any plans to add anymore?
And does anyone know when its planning to open
And when is the extension planning to open

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Welcome Dirky Dirk to F4A and congratulations on your first post.

There have been many delays with regards to the official opening of the extension. You will find in post #1049, dated 18th January, the original opening details.

You will appreciate that at present only Terminal 1 is being used and, as at this morning, there is no date for when any of the other terminals will open. The government's decision to commence quarantine rules will not help.

Pier 1 is already open and Pier 2, by the bus lounges, will be the next to be constructed. When this construction will happen is anybodies guess.

If you have the time to read, if you haven't already done so, some of the updates that I have posted over the last 6 months then you should find the answers to many of your questions.

Please feel free to ask any other questions if you can't find the answers on here, or feel free to message me - via the envelope at the top of the screen.

Scottie Dog

mullion

May 9, 2014
T2X id now due to open early 2021, delayed by Covid close down and now the tests are yet to start becuase of social distancing and will take 3 months or so

Advertisement

Top Bottom