Advertisement

Coathanger16

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Sep 29, 2016
Horsham
I anticipate the likes of france and Spain being allowed back on the list come September time
Portugal was below the 20 per 100,000 magic cut off the governments using for a month before quarantine was no longer required for returning travellers.

Assuming the same is true for all countries, I doubt France or Spain will be taken off the quarantine list before October.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Indirectly confirmed by the airport who, in an email to me, said "We will be in a position to confirm what we are doing with this later today".

LS@MAN

Feb 20, 2018
UK
I just hope the testing of T2X can be performed and we can have the place open, along with the current pier 1 and phase 1 of pier 2.
Be a perfect opportunity then to perform the refurb on the current T2.

Curious Pax

Dec 5, 2018
Manchester
As I've heard stands 901-919 (10 stands) come into use on 21st August (all aviation changes appear to happen on a thursday).

Now the question is what happens next? Will the new stands be used to take the aircraft currently blocking the West apron and thus allow work to continue on the reconfigurated taxiway Delta?

Only my personal thinking - time will tell.
There was Jet2 738 on one of the new stands this morning when I drove past - not seen anything on them since they opened until then.

Dirky dirk

Jun 3, 2020
Manchester
Has anyone found a crafty little dropping off point by what is called Mid stay near terminal 3,
i went last night and its a one way, and leaving there takes you away from the airport towards aviator way,

Ive known the layout round there for donkeys years, parade ground social club, bldg 217, but i must admit i think id be better telling senior management to get the tram now,
it changes every other week!

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Latest info that I have heard is that T2 is closed until February but things of course may change.

Phase 2 on MANTP has been paused for an unknown length of time - certainly until passenger numbers start to increase again.

LS@MAN

Feb 20, 2018
UK
Latest info that I have heard is that T2 is closed until February but things of course may change.

Phase 2 on MANTP has been paused for an unknown length of time - certainly until passenger numbers start to increase again.
Thanks @Scottie Dog for the info.
Certainly different to what I heard, that T1 was closing for the winter (unsure when) and that T2 would re-open and T3 would remain open.

Is that phase 2 of pier 2 as in completing it?
And no word on when the passenger trails will start for T2X? Social distancing & wearing of masks of course will be around for a long time yet, can’t be waiting on any dramatic changes with the “new normal”

Advertisement

Top Bottom