Finally, for today and therefore this week, a couple of photos from our anonymous friend showing work on the connection of the Link Connector (from Pier 1) to Terminal 2 Extension.

ae6b3b611f5b6d6eca124fed24ec0a4f.jpg

f81d72bad0a3186e99223f4e2105981d.jpg

I've included this Twitter photo as it shows the MANTP work off to the right. The work of new TAxiway echo can be seen, if you look carefully, to the left (and slightly down) of the control tower. Also visible, but not part of MANTP is te new multi-storey car park off Ringway Road.

DmBIk64XgAAFw4l.jpg

A further set of updates from our 'spy'. My thanks to the contributor who wishes to remain anonymous.

Exterior of the new multi-storey car park, with cladding now being installed.
2da8c8aca45d10e9d2a4218b60848ffc.jpg

Exterior of the new car park with cladding being installed.
9c357a44fbaa8c43b5f98c9a390b3c1c.jpg

An updated shot of the Link Connector where it joins the terminal extension.
764d7c02536a82ab283dee2850ce3983.jpg

The new down ramp from the terminal extension forecourt taking shape.
a4a8bc0e511d7f442b33e243eaa24146.jpg

Slightly outside of this threads remit, but I'll include it as the next set of changes (first quarter of 2019) will tie-in to it.

The latest AIRAC, effective 11th October, has been released.

As I'm away I can't attach files, but here is a brief resumee:

Runway links are all renamed. Northside 23R are R1 through to R11.
Southside 23R are T1 through to T4.
Northside 23L are W1 through to W6.

Runway 05R/23L taxiways stay as S & V.

Northside taxiways A, B, C, D remain the same although A1 & J1 are renamed as R11 & R1 respectively.

Changes:

Taxiway G (stands 49-58) becomes taxiway P.

Taxiway JE becomes taxiway M and extends across B to its junction with K.

Taxiway JF stays the same.

Taxiway L (stands 10-27) becomes taxiway G.

Taxiway M (stands 22-28) becomes taxiway Y.

Terminal 2

There are currently no changes to taxiways D, N, NA or Q. Taxiway P is however redesignated Link 80.

I hope you can visualise the changes and I'll update with a chart when I'm back home.

This AIRAC has now been delayed for 2 months minimum. Personally I suspect this is to allow other new taxiway designations to be included.

I am confused with all of the piers. I have just seen this image on a video on the Manchester Airport you tube channel which adds a new pier next to T1. I have highlighted in yellow. Is this correct?

upload_2018-9-18_9-24-20.png

e2f4f95316b20ab72189b6b36735e80b.jpg

View looking across to the new down-ramp from the T2X building.

22775ab05fe120ee372038ce74646596.jpg

Side of the new multi-storey car park - with the Link Connector just visible in the background.

Liverpool A380 - That is an old picture; plans for the pier layout have changed. Pier 4 (the short one) has been shelved as it conflicts with Pier C to the extent that both could only be used for aircraft operations on one side. This would be a waste of resources. Instead, Pier 2 will be built - you can see the proposed footprint of this in the centre of the image. It won't be full-length at first, but it is likely to be extended later. So the proposed layout is now Pier C - Pier 3 - Pier 2 - Pier1 upon completion of this phase of the TP.

I am confused with all of the piers. I have just seen this image on a video on the Manchester Airport you tube channel which adds a new pier next to T1. I have highlighted in yellow. Is this correct?

View attachment 9874
Liverpool A380 - That is an old picture; plans for the pier layout have changed. Pier 4 (the short one) has been shelved as it conflicts with Pier C to the extent that both could only be used for aircraft operations on one side. This would be a waste of resources. Instead, Pier 2 will be built - you can see the proposed footprint of this in the centre of the image. It won't be full-length at first, but it is likely to be extended later. So the proposed layout is now Pier C - Pier 3 - Pier 2 - Pier1 upon completion of this phase of the TP.

Indeed. Allow me to shamelessly link to my previous post of how things stood last month (and click the attatchment link):

I’ve finally got around to making a composite from the images shown at the TAS TP public presentation. It’s as accurate as I can make it. Everything should be placed correctly but small areas may not be exactly to correct scale.

Areas of note are the new "kinked" Lima at its west end to accommodate extra remote parking as opposed to a 90 degree corner, the 8/9 remote gates retained along the cargo centre / hangers edge, the new double (or triple!) links to the runways between pier B and the hangers, and the retained but reduced capacity Pier C and its associated airside link to T2 east.

Also note there is no remote bussing lounge included on pier three (which we are assured is happening) and also pier two is at its eventual completed length.

View attachment 9651

An excellent reminder of how the new layout should look when completed.

It reminded me to look at my Works Time-line and I noticed that, if the dates haven't changed, work is scheduled on new taxiway Delta (Stands 62-69) from 15th October through until 22nd May 2019 and on the southern section of Taxiway Foxtrot/Echo/Delta from 22nd December through until 20th May 2019. The latter is, I believe a continuation of the work already in progress on the start of Echo.

Will Pier 4 ever become a reality? Or is the reality satellite C will become the new 4?

Also does anyone know what will happen to T3 as part of the TP or is that out of scope at the minute?

Another couple of good questions and I hope that marni1971 or EGCC_MAN will come back with fuller answers, however my understanding is that any changes to T3 are unlikely to happen within the next 10 years. Unfortunately all expansion has to be funded by the airport and it's partners and, with £1bn being spent between now and 2024, I have to be realistic.

As to Pier 4 I think that anything could happen. Even now the detailed plans for piers 2 & 3 are changing, although the basic apron arrangement is fixed. Pier 4 is a challenge and, as marni1971 has said, the plan looks now to be in favour of possibly retaining Pier C from terminal 1.

All I will say in closing is that I could not have envisaged, back in the late 1950s, how 'my local Ringway airport' would look 60 years later.

Right now, to all intents and purposes, a refurbished and slightly modified Pier C will become pier 4. An airside link is proposed from the east end of T2, via Pier C, to connect with Pier B and to T3 via the 1998 southern front extension.

As Scottie said earlier, it’s either a new pier 4 or pier C - and retaining pier C is obviously cheaper.

There are plans for T3, but as the information about comes from the TP team they admit its outside of their knowledge.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock