^ worthy of note is the fourth image from the bottom - current and near term workfaces - showing massing of both pier 3 and the pier 2 busing lounge work area.

Love the blue tint to that glass! It's coming together!

Is any familiar with the reason for not doing floor to ceiling glass here? The grey stripe seems like a weird place to cut costs, especially when other terminals (e.g. T3, below) have full glass walls:

Manchester-Airport-T3-exterior-e1521791525617-916x515.jpg

Looking at it I would say the glass goes to ceiling as above will be all the gubbins ( tech term)

Love the blue tint to that glass! It's coming together!

Is any familiar with the reason for not doing floor to ceiling glass here? The grey stripe seems like a weird place to cut costs, especially when other terminals (e.g. T3, below) have full glass walls:

View attachment 12520
On reflection (no pun intended) I think behind this stripe will be the HVAC pipework, with the suspended ceiling roughly level with the bottom of the stripe.

Here is a recap of the MANTP project - apron work - that appeared in a post from 7th May 2018.

You will notice that some dates seem to have slipped,or changed - I have highlighted certain sections below:

D1a & D1b -these are the next phase of the apron around Pier 1 and hopefully work will start shortly as the Staff Car Park closed on 11th March 2019.

D6 - work has only just finished on this section.

D5a - not due to start until 17th March 2019.

I hope this helps and makes sense?

View attachment 12555

Well spotted. I believe the old 101 is currently out of service due to work in connection with the resiting of the old B1B substation and will be totally removed when the next phase in the construction of taxiway Echo starts later in the year.it

Last edited:
Good montage Scottie Dog. T2 was always designed for future growth but also quite drab in my opinion. This certainly will transform it and give the city a very classy arrival point. Need to work on the other two terminals and it will stand with some of the best in Europe. Good stuff.

PlaneTalk Issue 83 - courtesy of the Manchester Airport Transformation Programme team

Part 1

Screenshot_20190323-193523_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20190323-193545_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20190323-193800_Drive.jpg

The first category E aircraft on a test at Stand 106
Screenshot_20190323-193642_Drive.jpg

Operators practice manouvering the airbridge against a dummy aircraft fuselage.
Screenshot_20190323-193703_Drive.jpg
Acceptance tests at Gate 11/Stand 111
Screenshot_20190323-193730_Drive.jpg

Digging up of the old long stay 2 car park is well underway. Almost all the old car park looks to have been removed now.

As per the signs, staff west also closes sometime next month. Both areas will become apron.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock