Do you have any information about how the pier is ramping up? I'm assuming not all gates were in action all the time from day one?
Certainly they are not all in use. I know Stand 101 is out of service and I suspect that some of the remotes may not be fully serviceable as yet.

I see that the no div notam is now in place until the 19th April.

When are the remote West Apron stands due to become serviceable?

3dk you mean the stands in the 60-75 range? If so then they are being taken out of service in pairs for about 6 weeks at a time for new taxiway Delta lighting to be installed.

No problem. I'm out and about at the moment, but those will be the Lima remotes - taxiway Zulu is just a temporary designation until the end if this year. I don't see those stands being available until around Summer 2020 but I'll check later in the day for you.

Just having a quick sandwich and I've found the document I needed in order to answer your question.

Although it is slightly old it does show a commencement date of 1st April (which was fairly accurate) and gives a completion of 17th March 2020.

Many thanks for taking the time to provide the info.

Guess that the no div NOTAM is here to stay, with no prospect of extra capacity for a year and increases in based fleets.

I think you may be wrong, or at least I hope you are, with regards to the "No Diversions" NOTAM.

Personally I believe the airport as failed to meet its target of having Pier One operational from 1st April. Okay, you may say, it came into use on that date however, if you look at post #778 by myself on 8th April, you will see that there are currently 11 stands that are not available for use. My thought is that once those stands become operational then the ban will be lifted.

As I say this is just my view as I have no direct involvement with MAG.

Some really great updates once again. The Manchester Airport Transformation Project is really taking shape. It's amazing how quickly it has all been achieved.

Am I being too of a forward thinker to ask about the plans for Piers B & C at T1? I hope they get rid of Pier B, but if they refurbished internally and externally Pier C, and modified the satellite end so aircraft can pass each other on the new dual taxiways, then maybe it could make a good base for EZY?? I assume TCX will eventually move into T2 next year/2021...?

Am I being too of a forward thinker to ask about the plans for Piers B & C at T1? I hope they get rid of Pier B, but if they refurbished internally and externally Pier C, and modified the satellite end so aircraft can pass each other on the new dual taxiways, then maybe it could make a good base for EZY?? I assume TCX will eventually move into T2 next year/2021...?
Currently a modified Pier C is planned to become part of Terminal Two via an airside link.

Thomas Cook are not due to move for a few years according to a comment in Weekly Update #82 which is in my post #741 dated 19th March.
The terminal extension opens next year, but then the current terminal closes for furbishment - that leaves an increase in passenger facility space but no extra pier served stand. Pier Three comes on line next, but that is not until 2021 or 2022 (mind blank for a moment), so i don't foresee any new carrier moving before that happens - bearing in mind that Jet2 are already making the move a bit at a time.

As you say, Jet2 are moving across to T2 in phases. Eurowings and Brussels Airlines switch at the end of this month. This raises the possibility that other Lufthansa Group carriers may follow in due course. Austrian, Swiss, Lufthansa themselves?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock