Excited to see some of the food and beverage offerings in T2X. (These exclude the offerings in the refurbished T2). Delighted to see a number of independent Manchester companies, including Pot Kettle Black that is run by a couple of former Saints rugby league lads and is a great coffee house along with grindsmith another independent coffee house that I haven’t personally visited but looks good.

Ive always been a huge San Carlo fan (I know it divides opinion) but despite being founded in Birmingham it is an icon brand of the Manchester dining scene.

You have Bridgewater exchange a local brewer, running a Brewpub (I hate that term I must admit). Call it the Brewery rap. Apiary a fancy bar and eatery and Archie’s that I’ve heard is very good for burgers and shakes although it’s not really my thing so haven’t been. Add in a couple of M&S stores and the usual Wagamama it’s a good line up.

It’s all a positive sign that it’s not just going to be rammed full of low end chain takeaways (KFC) apart and should feel like it reflects the identity of the regions food scene. Of course it won’t come cheap but it will add a premium feel. To be honest I don’t normally use the food and beverage outlets but I would definitely be tempted by Pot Kettle black and San Carlo if the occasion was fitting. We all want the terminal to feel good and compete with the likes of T5 at Heathrow. Of course architecturally the budget won’t allow that from a design perspective but it’s pleasing to see a food and beverage offering that can compete with the offering. It will all add that quality feel and a high spec finish to the terminal as the individual businesses will personally finance the fit out of a considerable amount of the terminal at no expense to MAG.
View attachment 13608
F9CFBBFD-DDF1-4511-84A5-BDBE061EE093.jpeg412AF97C-538D-46A1-9BB3-015CF72DFB00.jpegDD788B25-E926-4AD9-81E1-111FC1CC95EB.jpegD5850782-63F6-48FE-9F5E-FFC4D45EF33E.jpegEB7C3216-5E65-4A00-BC78-CD477FEF03AC.jpegCDC97AF2-E1FA-40ED-AE0D-0EFB1F7B5358.jpeg6C20A696-4382-41E7-8668-C3E1C55B9601.jpeg7C14B53F-1AD6-4EBB-9C42-493D8AF7DC26.jpeg

Attachments

• 24A89480-ADA1-4027-B753-ADA204084E56.jpeg
    24A89480-ADA1-4027-B753-ADA204084E56.jpeg
    879.4 KB · Views: 4
Great photos as always, thanks for posting!

My knowledge of T2 layout is hazy - where's gate 300? Is that the gate closest to T2X, where pax will access the legacy gates after the extension opens?

While we're on the subject, does anybody have more details how that changeover will take place? I'm guessing over a set period of time? This must also mean that parts of old T2 (around the gate areas) must remain open while the main part is being renovated?

Very curious for any details people have. Thanks!

Great photos as always, thanks for posting!

My knowledge of T2 layout is hazy - where's gate 300? Is that the gate closest to T2X, where pax will access the legacy gates after the extension opens?

While we're on the subject, does anybody have more details how that changeover will take place? I'm guessing over a set period of time? This must also mean that parts of old T2 (around the gate areas) must remain open while the main part is being renovated?

Very curious for any details people have. Thanks!

Good morning - Gate 300 is the bussing area which I believe, but am not 100pc certain, was on the land side of the current East pier (where the new baggage hall is being built).

With regards to the opening of the T2X building I would expect it to happen overnight with the current terminal being close for renovation. At the same time I think the new bussing lounge, with multiple gates, will open. The current set of stands from 201-206 will probably close as work should start on pier 3 next summer.
Just my thoughts for the time being.

Edited 9th July 1310hrs
It looks as if I'm wrong with the location. Apparently Gate 300 is located near the "Smoking Area". Next question - where is the smoking area, as it doesn't appear on the airport's interactive map!!

Last edited:
I notice that battenfobs on SSC has put an interesting post on SSC which I have replicated below as it contains a couple of interesting timescales.

"A little update - we had a site meeting last Friday for all the workmen (level 45 or level 4)

The plan is for the lounge that you can see in 4.17 in the video below is for it to be signed over to the shopfitters in August and the Restaurant you can see at 3.57 to be signed over in September.
The Guys have started putting the framework for the ceiling in you won't see much but I'll try and take a picture tomorrow."

Gate 300 and the smoking area was at the end of T2 nearest to Pier C T1. You had to go down to the ground floor, where you would present your boarding cards and then be bussed to remote stands. It was where the new baggage sortation facility is now. I used that gate surprisingly I might add for my Qatar flight last year.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock