I have just posted on the NOTAM/OAN thread about ground survey work on Pier 2. Does this mean that Pier 2 will now be built before Pier 3?

I recently travelled through terminal two; although departure was from the legacy pier I made a point of walking the new one. On our return we parked on the new pier. Of course, I made a little video :)

First impressions were the link needed more travelators. Two aren’t enough, and that was the common theme when chatting to other passengers. Arrivals (on the Pier) should have had them as a matter of course. The pier itself was obviously built to a low budget. I was however surprised how high and wide it appeared to be when stood in it. Hopefully MAN stick to their word and don’t clutter it with concessions like they did with the legacy pier. Also hopefully they manage to keep the white walls white too and not the T1/T3 smeared dirt colour.

Great video! Good to see the arrivals journey too - that's something we've had few photos of before this.

Hopefully MAN stick to their word and don’t clutter it with concessions like they did with the legacy pier.

I read that due to a lack of (ventilation/adequate fireproofing/not sure which) the ability to put shops/restaurants on the pier is limited.

Also hopefully they manage to keep the white walls white too and not the T1/T3 smeared dirt colour.

Agree! I truly believe all the parts of the extension that are in black look really smart - the black walls by the toilet, the "<- Arrivals" sign, the actual exterior of the pier - all looks contemporary and modern. The bright white walls look cheap and prefab in comparison.

That's slipped then. Wasn't it stated for long enough next spring the opening.
Then again companies do like to fudge what they have previously said.

All the signs/posters I have seen in terminals 1 & 2 have stated summer 2020.

Am I reading it correctly when I see the words escalators and pier 2 in the same area?

I assume, dangerous I know, that these are escalators from the Pier (main terminal) level to the bussing lounges.

I knew I had taken this photo but then couldn't find it!!

This shows a close up of the head-of-stand work of the Pier 2 remotes. You can see the post for the stand guidance system (Safedock) together with what I believe might be the ground power unit.
View attachment 14749
I'm sure all will become clear at some point with the strange numbering of the new Pier 2 remotes 929, 221, 215, 223.

Yes I agree with regards to stands 215 & 221 which appear on the current Manchester chart and presumably 213 will be between 215 and the terminal. 221 seems to be an "odd man out". I understand that all of the 900 stands in the area currently under construction opposite Pier 1 and then swinging around to where the '70s' are currently located - I don't believe that 929 has anything to do with Pier 2.

Scottie Dog

As I'm up at the airport at present I now see that Stand 929 is in fact a reality. I'll try to discover exactly why it is there in such an "out of sequence" place!!

Hopefully more to follow after lunch.

As I'm up at the airport at present I now see that Stand 929 is in fact a reality. I'll try to discover exactly why it is there in such an "out of sequence" place!!

Hopefully more to follow after lunch.
Can you please let us know where Stand 929 is because I haven't seen a plan showing this particular stand but have for most of the others

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock