My apologies for the delay in responding to the question about Stand 929.

As I explained earlier I was up at the airport and I had hoped to get an answer to the question in hand - unfortunately my contact wasn't available.

** clicking on the image will enlarge it **
Stand 929 is located between stand 215 and the terminal on the chart below.
View media item 9237
So stand 929 is nearest to the terminal
View media item 9240
Next is stand 215 but with the board for 223 seeming to be located immediately in front of it
View media item 9241
Next is stand 221
View media item 9242

My apologies for the delay in responding to the question about Stand 929.

As I explained earlier I was up at the airport and I had hoped to get an answer to the question in hand - unfortunately my contact wasn't available.

** clicking on the image will enlarge it **
Stand 929 is located between stand 215 and the terminal on the chart below.
View media item 9237
So stand 929 is nearest to the terminal
View media item 9240
Next is stand 215 but with the board for 223 seeming to be located immediately in front of it
View media item 9241
Next is stand 221
View media item 9242

Thanks Scottie

All a bit odd but no doubt all will be revealed in due course

Stand numbers starting with 9 are indeed temporary.

Many thanks for that info which is much appreciated. I do query it, slightly, as I understood that the early 900s will be the remotes off new taxi-lane Lima on the west side of pier one.

Many thanks for that info which is much appreciated. I do query it, slightly, as I understood that the early 900s will be the remotes off new taxi-lane Lima on the west side of pier one.

I also understood that the remotes would be 9XX. If you look at the plan showing the works shedule as posted by you a while back West Gate would be 931,933 and 955! and those near the old TCX hangar 940 and 942. After all works are completed they could be renumbered but what would be the point.

On the subject of inconsistent's with the nunbering of stands, where has stand 3 gone? I noticed pier B facing T3 goes from stands, 1-11 and then 15...

Lack of space between stands maybe? Saying that pier B stands look more spacious than the new pier 1!

I think you're right as stands 1, 3, 5 were fine for Fokkers and BAC 1-11s but when the A320 family started to arrive there was a problem with wingtip clearance and so Stand 3 was removed - I must be beating any age-related memory loss :ROFLMAO::sleep::sleep:

MANTP Update #113 dated 18th October 2019 courtesy of the MANTP Team to whom full credit is given.

It's good to see Taxiway Juliet being constructed - this is the new Juliet that will replace the current taxiway of that name at the end of December when a major taxiway re-designation is done.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the update @Scottie Dog.
So we will see the grassed areas opposite T2 eventually disappear in stages to form taxiway Juliet?

Another question, when are the works planned for completion that are taking place opposite the hangers? Or around the area of stands 100/101?

LS@MAN - sorry for delays in replying to your questions. I'm currently multitasking - what retirees don't - and just on my mobile. I'll do some digging later today and let you know what I find (if anything) when I'm back on the laptop.

Last edited:
LS@MAN

Here is a possible answer to your question - please bear in mind that the document goes back to May 2018 or earlier.

View media item 9259
You will see that the work on Taxiway Echo (areas D5a & D5b) was scheduled to be finished by 27th November 2019 however OAN 104/2019 shows work until 20th December 2019 and I feel that it will be possibly February before the taxiway actually opens.

Taxiway Juliet runs across the grassed area and so, at this time will not need the entire grass island to be removed, however as time go on it will all end up under concrete. You will see Taxiway Juliet as D4a which should have started in mid-September and be finished by early March 2020 - this however seems to be about a month behind schedule. Also the infills to the grass in D4b have not even started and that was originally planned for May to December of this year.

Hopefully I have answered some of your questions.

Scottie Dog

Time for the weekly update courtesy of the MANTP Team- to whom full credit is given.

MANTP Update #114 dated 25th October 2019

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock