The next AIRAC Update (13/2019) which is due for implementation on 5th December has the new charts shown below:

I appreciate that this covers areas outside of the immediate MANTP discussion, however I believe that 'the part' becomes 'the whole'.

Firstly let's start at the 23R holding point - The old holding bay at J2-J1 is now shown as disused, presumably due to the TUI 737-MAX aircraft be parked there.

At the present time the southside taxiways are unaffected by the changes.

Coming down runway 23R Taxiway D is now renamed P and this renaming continues up through the old 'East Link' - for those of us old enough to recall that name.

The new Taxiway D runs from north from its junction with Taxiway B and through to opposite the old Stand 100 where it now is temporarily ended.

New Taxiway E replaces NA through the West Apron whilst Taxiway NC is introduced around the end of Pier C and then up the front of Terminal 2.

I believe that this summary pretty well covers these initial changes, however more will happen later in 2020.

Screenshot-469.png

Screenshot-470.png

I've just spotted an item that I somehow overlooked in my previous comments and observations.

The Pier 2 remote stands that have previously raised discussion, as they were a mix of 200 & 900 sequences, have suddenly been remembered in the 800 series!!

So much happens without our even noticing it - reminder to myself, read the small print.

I've just spotted an item that I somehow overlooked in my previous comments and observations.

The Pier 2 remote stands that have previously raised discussion, as they were a mix of 200 & 900 sequences, have suddenly been remembered in the 800 series!!

So much happens without our even noticing it - reminder to myself, read the small print.

I had noticed the change but took no notice in view of the fact that they have changed before seemingly without logic on the sequence.

What concerned me more was the fact that no account has being taken of Taxiway Juliet construction. This along with the fact that apart from your updates which as always are most appreciated MAG/MAN have said very little on the TP since the TCX collapse and I am coming concerned that the TP is being slowed if not scaled back as a result

Why on earth would they want to do that when just about all the slots have been taken over by Jet2 and TUI have large plans, it may cause them to have a look again at stand layout as both TUI and Jet2 are on T2

What concerned me more was the fact that no account has being taken of Taxiway Juliet construction. This along with the fact that apart from your updates which as always are most appreciated MAG/MAN have said very little on the TP since the TCX collapse and I am coming concerned that the TP is being slowed if not scaled back as a result

Comet - you say that you are concerned that no account has been made of Taxiway Juliet construction however, if you look carefully, you will see that Stand 82 has suddenly appears to have had its markings extended through the grass area. Looking at the photos in the MANTP Updates it looks as if, at present, the work on Juliet is able to be done without any stand closures.

Just to try to clarify a couple of points that people might have missed from earlier posts with regards to the timescale for the project.

Firstly here is a screenshot that I did back on 7th May 2018 and where you can see that work on Taxiway Juliet itself was only due to have started in mid-September of this year, although work on the . I fully accept that certain work has been running late, and indeed I would say 6 months behind schedule, however this was well before the sad demise of TCX.

Screenshot-20180507-184612-3.png

The second screenshot is of a timeline that I made using the dates from the first image and which puts the original dates for work into better perspective. I'm just in the throws of trying to go back through all of this year's OANs to be able to update the timescale and show the actual position.

Screenshot-471.png

I hope this helps. - clicking on the images will give a much clearer picture.

Last edited:
Just to try to clarify a couple of points that people might have missed from earlier posts with regards to the timescale for the project.

Firstly here is a screenshot that I did back on 7th May 2018 and where you can see that work on Taxiway Juliet itself was only due to have started in mid-September of this year, although work on the . I fully accept that certain work has been running late, and indeed I would say 6 months behind schedule, however this was well before the sad demise of TCX.

Screenshot-20180507-184612-3.png

The second screenshot is of a timeline that I made using the dates from the first image and which puts the original dates for work into better perspective. I'm just in the throws of trying to go back through all of this year's OANs to be able to update the timescale and show the actual position.

Screenshot-471.png

I hope this helps. - clicking on the images will give a much clearer picture.

Scottie

I am going to send you an email.

Read on a standsted forum new scanners will be installed there as part of the new security area, as in the scanners you can use 1 tray with and don't require any liquids or electronic items being removed...hope MAG will also invest in these at MAN...

I had an email today which says that T2X will be opened in phases starting from next July. First elements are likely to be security, departure lounges, with restaurants and shops, and immigration.

Final sections, including check-in will open later in the year.

I had an email today which says that T2X will be opened in phases starting from next July. First elements are likely to be security, departure lounges, with restaurants and shops, and immigration.

Final sections, including check-in will open later in the year.
Ouch. Better late than never don’t they say?

Slightly late due to personal commitments but here is MANTP Update #116 dated 8th November - courtesy, asalways, of the MANTP Team to whom full credit is given.

Last edited:
Further clarification of my earlier post on taxiway redesignation:

OAN 123/2019 – RE-DESIGNATION OF TAXIWAYS AND HOLDING POSITIONS.
OAN REF:‐ 123/2019 DATE OF ISSUE:‐ 13/11/19 EFFECTIVE DATE:‐ 04/12/19 EXPIRY DATE:‐ 07/12/19
1.0 SUMMARY
1.1 As part of the MAN‐TP development there will be changes to the naming of some taxiways and associated intermediate and runway holding points. The changes will take place overnight on Wednesday 4th into the morning of Thursday 5th December. The changes are timed to be coincident and effective with the worldwide amendment of aeronautical charts (AIRAC 13/2019).
2.0 PROGRAMME
2.1 The changes will commence at 21:00L on the night of Wednesday 4th, and be completed by 05:30L on the morning of Thursday 5th December 2019.
2.2 In the event of adverse weather or other unforeseen circumstances preventing work being completed on the night of Wednesday 4th, work will take place during designated contingency nights of Thursday 5th and/or Friday 6th December.
3.0 SCOPE & LOCATION OF WORKS
3.1 The scope of work will involve the changing of airfield signage and some painted ground markings to reflect new taxiway and associated holding point designations.
3.2 The schedule of taxiway and holding point re‐designations is summarised in the tables overleaf and depicted on the map attached to this document.
Screenshot-488.png

4.0 OPERATIONAL IMPLICATIONS
4.1 With effect from Thursday 5th December 2019, the new taxiway and holding point designations will be in use on aeronautical charts and within textual data (AIRAC 13/2019) and also on local airfield maps issued by MAG.
4.1.1 From the effective date all relevant airfield signage and painted ground markings will have been changed and all communications from Air Traffic Control, flight crews, Airport Fire Service, Airfield Operations and other airfield drivers must use the new designations. 4.2 Aircraft Pushback Procedures
4.2.1 A new Manchester Airport Aircraft Pushback Procedures document will be issued in advance of the taxiway and holding point re‐designations and will be effective from Thursday 5th December 2019.
5.0 LOW VISIBILITY OPERATIONS (LVO)
5.1 The work taking place on the night of Wednesday 4th December will have no impact on the airport’s ability to operate during periods of low visibility.

Screenshot-489.png

I believe most were closed due to their being less ideally situated for modern aircraft, and also to avoid conflicting traffic on the through taxiways when aircraft were vacating the main runway.

I recently re-watched this old video from the airport: (warning - it's the dreaded small-child voiceover)

I found it really useful to re-watch the fly-through now we've seen so much of the construction progress (and, in some cases, travelled through part of the new facilities ourselves!). Really helps with getting your bearings and being able to piece together the photos Scottie is sharing.

I recently re-watched this old video from the airport: (warning - it's the dreaded small-child voiceover)

I found it really useful to re-watch the fly-through now we've seen so much of the construction progress (and, in some cases, travelled through part of the new facilities ourselves!). Really helps with getting your bearings and being able to piece together the photos Scottie is sharing.
It’s quite sad to see what’s currently not happening too; the direct motorway link, the enlarged drop off area, the 1993 MSCP extension, the less than stellar feature ceiling, the living wall...

But of course we know the budget didn’t agree with the aspiration. Maybe one day.

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock