I received an email this morning from Airfield Operations who advise that new (under construction) taxiway Echo will open in phases during 2020.

Update #118 dated 22nd November courtesy of the MANTP Team, to whom full credit is given.

[

Confirmation of the change of remote stand numbers for Pier 2

I'm not certain about this change of taxiway designation - I believe it will still be Juliet as November-Bravo goes through the old Papa (by stand 80)

Last edited:
I really like these updates Scottie Dog MAN is going like a bomb these days meanwhile "my" airport BHX needs one put up it's backside and from reading the LBA threads so do they.

With thanks to jrb on SSC for the heads up. I knew there was a press meeting at T2X as none of my contacts were available for visits!!

*Inside Manchester Airport's new T2 - and how it will look*

View attachment 15554

View attachment 15555

View attachment 15556

View attachment 15557

View attachment 15558

Pictures and CGI’s. https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ry/inside-manchester-airports-new-t2-17357849

Article. https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws/manchester-airport-new-terminal-2-17356466

I think some people think we have the money of the UAE or Saudi,
It seems pretty obvious the more planes on the terminal the more of a walk it is for some, as I have said on another forum go to CDG
or Dallas and you can walk for a long way and sometimes need a train as well, the only way round that is lots of little terminals
and that just doesn`t work for connecting and to be honest if there was only one gate people would still complain

MANTP Update #119 dated 29th November - courtesy of the MANTP team to whom full credit is given.

Last edited:
I can hardly keep up to date with the MANTP releases at the moment.

Apparently there may be some details on BBC Northwest Tonight today.

I can hardly keep up to date with the MANTP releases at the moment.

Apparently there may be some details on BBC Northwest Tonight today.

That latest video implies the A380 Stands will be on Pier 2 which will be full length. Is this the next Pier to be built and how does it affect the taxiways which which were being arranged for A380s to be on Pier 3

I did speak to the MANTP team today and they have confirmed that Pier 2 is the next to be built. Unfortunately I forgot to ask about the A380 stands.

I also received clarification about the misquote in the Manchester Evening News. Pier 2 will not be opening in 2020 as had been said, the article should have referred to the Pier 2 bussing lounge.

Hopefully that is now clarified.

Just watched the new TP video on you tube. Looking good, pleased to hear the latest scanners at security will be installed it was quoted as saying “customers will not have to remove electronic items and liquids from their baggage” that is a relief in itself!
10 e gates in the new immigration hall, doesn’t seem many but I assume more due to come in 2022 when the current T2 re-opens?

As I recall, from a couple of sources, the number of e-gates will start at 10 however this will nearly double when the current building is refurbished and the 2 parts are combined.

pleased to hear the latest scanners at security will be installed it was quoted as saying “customers will not have to remove electronic items and liquids from their baggage” that is a relief in itself!

I wonder how many passengers will still get electronics and liquids out of their bags. Just from looking at them I'm not sure I'd be able to tell if a scanner was the 'new' or 'old' type :unsure:

Wonderful set of updates. Really refreshing to have such a detailed video - especially given the audience of this thread are all hungry for details about sequencing :)

The latest photos are looking really nice. Definitely a step up from the pier - much less of a cheap shed feeling. Floor looks to be tiled. The signage / wayfinding and little details there looks top notch and up there with the airports of Germany/Austria/Switzerland - love the white text on black. I'm quite excited to travel through here.

(White check in desks look a bit naff, but I guess you can't have everything...)

Does anybody know what will happen to the legacy T2 gates once T2Classic gets refurb'd? Will there be a corridor kept open along the front for access, or will all of legacy T2 gates be closed? I know the video mentioned using increased bussing for a while.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock