Does anybody know what will happen to the legacy T2 gates once T2Classic gets refurb'd? Will there be a corridor kept open along the front for access, or will all of legacy T2 gates be closed? I know the video mentioned using increased bussing for a while.
When it’s all done? All legacy gates will be removed. There was talk of keeping the 209 pepper pot as a fire exit. The legacy east pier will be used to access pier three and the terminal one / three link.

When it’s all done? All legacy gates will be removed. There was talk of keeping the 209 pepper pot as a fire exit. The legacy east pier will be used to access pier three and the terminal one / three link.

I'm thinking about next year when they close T2Classic for refurb. Will all of the legacy gates go out of service at the same time, or will they keep a small access corridor open so T2X can still use the contact stands alongside the bit that's being refurb'd?

I'm thinking about next year when they close T2Classic for refurb. Will all of the legacy gates go out of service at the same time, or will they keep a small access corridor open so T2X can still use the contact stands alongside the bit that's being refurb'd?
Good question. I assume the east pier will be kept open and linked to T2X airside whilst the legacy T2 terminal block is overhauled. Perhaps they can afford to close the older pier for a refurbishment once new Pier 2 is open, or maybe it’s only new carpets and lights we are getting In it.

My thoughts are:

Whilst Pier 2 is being constructed and the old Terminal renovated, I would expect stands 201-209 to remain open via a temporary corridor from T2X - in the same way as Pier 1 is served.

The new remote stands on Lima (901-???) will be served from the new bussing lounge, together with any remaining West apron remotes.

Once Pier 2 opens in 2022 the aforementioned stands will closed whilst Pier 3 in constructed for completion in 2024.

Does that help?

For posterity, a still from the latest MAG video showing the current pier end game (since it’s changed so often)

View attachment 15572

Also worthy of note is the proposed landside road layout with the forecourt ramp connecting to the final roundabout; the smaller new intermediate roundabout at the bottom of the new ramp was already being removed when I last visited. Looks like a change of plan after it was built.

There is also the ominous removal of the drop off bridge from the M56 roundabout and associated MSCP extension and rooftop drop off area. The team were rather coy about this when I asked them in August; this latest art eliminates it - previous art included it as an understood “later phase”.

Last edited:
The MAN social media group are busy at the moment. Currently only on twitter:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Check out where we&#39;re up to with the Manchester Airport Transformation Programme in this video update, which shows the progress to the arrivals area ️✈️ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MANTP?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#MANTP</a> <a href="https://t.co/PHeeTcDOVW">pic.twitter.com/PHeeTcDOVW</a></p>&mdash; Manchester Airport (@manairport) <a href=" ">December 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whilst Pier 2 is being constructed and the old Terminal renovated, I would expect stands 201-209 to remain open via a temporary corridor from T2X - in the same way as Pier 1 is served.

The new remote stands on Lima (901-???) will be served from the new bussing lounge, together with any remaining West apron remotes.

Once Pier 2 opens in 2022 the aforementioned stands will closed whilst Pier 3 in constructed for completion in 2024.

Makes a lot of sense, also a nice side effect of building pier 2 next.

That Twitter video was frustratingly short on actual details, seemed to be mostly titles!

For posterity, a still from the latest MAG video showing the current pier end game (since it’s changed so often)

Thanks for posting! I'm glad all the piers look more or less full length after earlier renderings showed otherwise. So curious to find out what happens to Pier C, and the link with T1.

From the 4th December update on www.mantp.co.uk

The first the phase of the terminal extension is set to open in July 2020. It will see a brand-new security hall, the departure lounge, the immigration hall, arrivals hall and the new bus gate lounge open to passengers.

Once they are up and running, further facilities will start operating during the rest of 2020, including the first of the new ‘island’ check-in desk banks and the new baggage reclaim facilities. As the various elements of the new extension open, the airport will start to close parts of the existing Terminal Two to allow for that area to be reconfigured to align with the new facilities.

The fully reconfigured Terminal Two will open in 2022 with 32 new shops and food and beverage outlets set to feature in that area. The completed Terminal Two will be 150% bigger than the current building once finished.

Pier Two will also open at that time and will be a similar size to Pier One. It will have the capability to handle the world’s largest passenger aircraft, the double-decker A380 and will also include airline lounges. The remaining terminal and airfield infrastructure is due to open in 2024.

Time for update #120 courtesy of the MANTP Team - to whom fullcredit is given

This last shot, taken from the latest video, shows where the airside area is that the previous slide shows.

Last edited:
This is my final planned MANTP Update before the Christmas/New Year break. As always I am indebted to the MANTP Team for supplying the weekly update, without their help this thread would have been a lot smaller.

A very happy Christmas to everyone and may it bring lots cheer. Also may the New Year be a good (and peaceful) one.

Scottie Dog

Last edited:
I'm seeing "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." on all the images in the latest update, as well as previous forum posts that used to work.

Did something change?

At the meeting of the Manchester Airport Consultative Committee on Friday 17th January the following comments were made that relate specifically to MANTP

Brad Miller (Chief Operating Officer's) report
T2 extension is scheduled to be handed over to the airport on 6th March
Live operations are due to start on 1st July - this will be 1 island of new check-in desks/Security hall/Airside lounges and shops/New coaching lounge/Immigration/1 baggage reclaim belt. The rest of the terminal opens in November and the current T2 then closes for renovation.

The full report and notes are available via a link in the Manchester Airport Consultative Committee thread.

Thanks for the updates as always, Scottie!

Re: "rest of terminal" - is this just check-in desks and some more reclaim belts? Or is there something else that's not opening in July?

Also, does anybody have any renderings / plans for what the renovated T2Legacy looks like? Most of the renderings they're showing off are for T2X...

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock