Thanks for the updates as always, Scottie. Very curious to walk around the new extension! Obviously a lot of photoshopping going on to make the images appear bright, although it does look much cleaner than what we're used to.

I'm getting very worried what the pandemic is going to mean for this project. Obviously the opening is delayed for sure - can't imagine this is doing MAG's finances any good as well. Really hoping we still get to see T2Legacy renovated as well as Piers 2 and 3...

Screenshot-916.png

Screenshot-918.png

A snippet from the MEN:

This also means work can continue on the new terminal and it will open.But bosses say they must carefully negotiate the timing.

In the current climate, they argue, it would be impossible to carry out trials or achieve social distancing.

"Inevitably, and with that in mind, we have also taken the decision to postpone the opening of the extension to Terminal 2, being delivered as part of our £1bn transformation programme, beyond this summer."

He added: "It is our current intention to complete the physical delivery of the building as planned, which puts us in the best possible place to complete all trials and tests, and work towards a formal launch when the time is right for us and our partners”

I hope everyone is well...
I recently saw a time lapse video from the ATC tower which showed some work progressing on the new taxiway next to the hangers, is there a completion date for this and the remaining work within the new T2?

I hope everyone is well...
I recently saw a time lapse video from the ATC tower which showed some work progressing on the new taxiway next to the hangers, is there a completion date for this and the remaining work within the new T2?
I'm afraid LS@MAN that I am currently as much in the dark as yourself due my contacts being on furlough.

I'll keep a note of your request and will let you know when I hear anything.

Just an update to say that my MANTP contact is on furlough until the end of June :(. Fortunately I have found another very helpful lady who has advised that no updates have been released since March, however she will ensure that I get any future updates and press releases :).

I had to make a short trip this morning which took me past the airport, so I drove around T2 via Palma Avenue. T2X appears done aside from the few hoardings left standing. Lights were on. Direction signs were up. Drop off and exit ramp is tarmacced and painted, the contentious drop off exit barriers are in place, the drop off approach ramp has been re marked (and obviously coned off) - all that were missing were cars and people. A few builders were still walking around. As we know the extension has been handed over, if the work cabins weren’t there you’d think it was open on a quiet day.

@marni1971 it's good to hear the new T2X has been handed over and is effectively complete.
I hope we see it open to passengers this year...given the increase in flights from July/August, surely it's inevitable...

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock