As I've heard stands 901-919 (10 stands) come into use on 21st August (all aviation changes appear to happen on a thursday).

Now the question is what happens next? Will the new stands be used to take the aircraft currently blocking the West apron and thus allow work to continue on the reconfigurated taxiway Delta?

Only my personal thinking - time will tell.

I've had it confirmed by a source close to the MAN TP that Pier 1 is currently not in use due to the various parked A/C.
On the north side you have Jet2 B737's. Whilst on the south side there are both TUI 787's and Virgin 747's & A330's.
Hopefully as we eventually receive more long haul flights, Pier 1 will re-open.

Be interesting to see if the Zulu -900 stands open this coming Thursday (21st). And if so, which A/C will be parked there...

Interesting #LS@MAN. I hadn't heard that before and I am still unfortunately not getting any feedback from my own contacts.

Thanks for the update.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our airports are vital to regional economies and jobs<br><br>Visiting Manchester Airports new £1bn terminal was a real privilege<br><br>It’s world class and quite right too for a world class region!<br><br>Much more must be done to support aviation and travel, critical to our economic recovery <a href="https://t.co/UHlp9gjXPs">pic.twitter.com/UHlp9gjXPs</a></p>&mdash; Jim McMahon MP (@JimfromOldham) <a href=" ">August 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

From what I have seen online and physically by looking through the windows, it is a big improvement of what we have got!
I assume MAG/MAN are waiting until the new year to make a final decision on when T2X will open?

The only areas I haven't yet seen of T2X is the security and immigration area?

Yes
Heard twice now off two sources t2 is closing for a bit 2-9-20

Yes, true. Unsure how long for at the moment.
Really don’t know if T1 is adequate enough, as I anticipate the likes of france and Spain being allowed back on the list come September time. More flights available so more passengers for TUI & jet2, plus the usual scheduled services. I think it’s a bad move personally closing T2 at the moment...

This government is getting more of a shambles each day!

I anticipate the likes of france and Spain being allowed back on the list come September time

Portugal was below the 20 per 100,000 magic cut off the governments using for a month before quarantine was no longer required for returning travellers.

Assuming the same is true for all countries, I doubt France or Spain will be taken off the quarantine list before October.

Indirectly confirmed by the airport who, in an email to me, said "We will be in a position to confirm what we are doing with this later today".

I just hope the testing of T2X can be performed and we can have the place open, along with the current pier 1 and phase 1 of pier 2.
Be a perfect opportunity then to perform the refurb on the current T2.

As I've heard stands 901-919 (10 stands) come into use on 21st August (all aviation changes appear to happen on a thursday).

Now the question is what happens next? Will the new stands be used to take the aircraft currently blocking the West apron and thus allow work to continue on the reconfigurated taxiway Delta?

Only my personal thinking - time will tell.

There was Jet2 738 on one of the new stands this morning when I drove past - not seen anything on them since they opened until then.

Has anyone found a crafty little dropping off point by what is called Mid stay near terminal 3,
i went last night and its a one way, and leaving there takes you away from the airport towards aviator way,

Ive known the layout round there for donkeys years, parade ground social club, bldg 217, but i must admit i think id be better telling senior management to get the tram now,
it changes every other week!

Latest info that I have heard is that T2 is closed until February but things of course may change.

Phase 2 on MANTP has been paused for an unknown length of time - certainly until passenger numbers start to increase again.

Latest info that I have heard is that T2 is closed until February but things of course may change.

Phase 2 on MANTP has been paused for an unknown length of time - certainly until passenger numbers start to increase again.

Thanks @Scottie Dog for the info.
Certainly different to what I heard, that T1 was closing for the winter (unsure when) and that T2 would re-open and T3 would remain open.

Is that phase 2 of pier 2 as in completing it?
And no word on when the passenger trails will start for T2X? Social distancing & wearing of masks of course will be around for a long time yet, can’t be waiting on any dramatic changes with the “new normal”

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock