NQY route doing pretty well by all accounts, seems they have extended the season into late September, and added extra rotations during the Jubilee weekend whilst also putting the ATR42 on over the same period.

Shows, albeit in a small part, that if the right routes are offered they will be supported.

NQY appears to have done well this summer, so it is back on sale for S23 at same frequency. JER also to be operated on a Saturday S23 same as this year.

Interestingly, the Eastern website are advertising fares from SOU to HUY (at 129.99 though!), but it may well be a mistake on the website.

NQY appears to have done well this summer, so it is back on sale for S23 at same frequency. JER also to be operated on a Saturday S23 same as this year.

Interestingly, the Eastern website are advertising fares from SOU to HUY (at 129.99 though!), but it may well be a mistake on the website.
Could SOU to HUY be via somewhere like Aberdeen?

Could SOU to HUY be via somewhere like Aberdeen?

I suspect most likely just a minor error on the website rather than anything else, it is the exact same fare HUY-ABZ and any hypothetical HUY-SOU would need to be cheaper to be competitive. Thought it worth posting on the forum though, I suspect a SOU route would be reasonably popular given the poor alternatives.

A press release with full details is now available on the Humberside Airport website.
Eastern will operate Humberside-Esbjerg on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 14th December.

The seasonal Newquay route, which re-starts on 7th April 2023, has had its weekly capacity doubled with the introduction of rotations on Sundays and Thursdays.

A press release with full details is now available on the Humberside Airport website.
Eastern will operate Humberside-Esbjerg on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 14th December.

The seasonal Newquay route, which re-starts on 7th April 2023, has had its weekly capacity doubled with the introduction of rotations on Sundays and Thursdays.
Slow and steady from a home grown airline. I hope it works, pretty confident it will as they suggest it has been brought about on the back of requests from industry in the region.

NQY also a positive, it’s done surprisingly well this year.

In terms of raw numbers, it’s not going to add much to the passenger throughput, but slowly it will be bringing more positive attention to HUY generally.

The route was flown by four airlines continuously between 1983 and 1993. The last operator was Newair, a Danish airline, using a Handley Page Jetstream which must have been close to retirement age. AirUK had operated the route for a couple of years but did not re-aquire it when Newair pulled out. The main driver of the route was oil and gas, which still remains, but now reinforced by North Sea wind farms.

Humberside has had a few Danish routes over the years, all of which have been introduced to support energy industries.

The Esbjerg route was operated by Genair in 1983 and in 1984 until their demise. There was a single rotation on weekdays only (i.e. 5 per week) using an SD360. An annual total of up to 5,200 passengers was achieved.
AirUK took over in 1984 using an SD360 and achieved up to 3,800 p.a. during 1985 and 1986..
Cimber Air achieved up to 6,900 p.a. during 1987, 1988 and 1989 using a Nord 262.
Newair achieved up to 4,800 p.a. with their Handley Page Jetstream between 1990 and 1993.

When a major North Sea wind farm programme (which included a new Siemens blade factory) was announced in 2013, SAS were very supportive and announced a new Copenhagen/Humberside route. It was operated between October 2013 and April 2014 using a CRJ200. Loads were in the 25% to 30% range because the route was ahead of its time ( work had not yet started) , the fares were relatively high, and the departure time meant a late evening arrival in CPH, which did not maximise the hub opportunities.

More recently Sun Air of Scandinavia, using a Dornier 328 Jet, have operated services from Humberside to Aalborg and Billund on the British Airways network. The loads were very good because the service only operated between April 2016 and December 2016 when Siemens had a particular need to send large numbers of employees on training courses.

The route was flown by four airlines continuously between 1983 and 1993. The last operator was Newair, a Danish airline, using a Handley Page Jetstream which must have been close to retirement age. AirUK had operated the route for a couple of years but did not re-aquire it when Newair pulled out. The main driver of the route was oil and gas, which still remains, but now reinforced by North Sea wind farms.
There are also now some shipping synergies which may help increase usage, hopefully.

Humberside has had a few Danish routes over the years, all of which have been introduced to support energy industries.

The Esbjerg route was operated by Genair in 1983 and in 1984 until their demise. There was a single rotation on weekdays only (i.e. 5 per week) using an SD360. An annual total of up to 5,200 passengers was achieved.
AirUK took over in 1984 using an SD360 and achieved up to 3,800 p.a. during 1985 and 1986..
Cimber Air achieved up to 6,900 p.a. during 1987, 1988 and 1989 using a Nord 262.
Newair achieved up to 4,800 p.a. with their Handley Page Jetstream between 1990 and 1993.

When a major North Sea wind farm programme (which included a new Siemens blade factory) was announced in 2013, SAS were very supportive and announced a new Copenhagen/Humberside route. It was operated between October 2013 and April 2014 using a CRJ200. Loads were in the 25% to 30% range because the route was ahead of its time ( work had not yet started) , the fares were relatively high, and the departure time meant a late evening arrival in CPH, which did not maximise the hub opportunities.

More recently Sun Air of Scandinavia, using a Dornier 328 Jet, have operated services from Humberside to Aalborg and Billund on the British Airways network. The loads were very good because the service only operated between April 2016 and December 2016 when Siemens had a particular need to send large numbers of employees on training courses.
Nice to be reminded of the Air UK days. Hope its successful.

The new service commenced yesterday using an Embraer 190. A full report and a video were published by Jydske Vestkysten on jv.dk/esbjerg, which provides a good opportunity to improve one's Danish language skills.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221215_094035.jpg
    Screenshot_20221215_094035.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20221215_094127.jpg
    Screenshot_20221215_094127.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 12

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock