Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
Airport launches airspace consultation

DSA_Aerial_Photo_Sept17.jpeg

Doncaster Sheffield Airport launches airspace consultation

A public consultation on proposed changes to the airspace around Doncaster Sheffield Airport (DSA) has been launched today, Monday 25th September, which will outline potential changes to the routes that aircraft depart and arrive into the airport.

DSA is participating in a UK-wide initiative to modernise airspace known as the Future Airspace Strategy (FAS) backed by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), which will involve moving away from the traditional ground-based navigation and over to a new satellite navigation system known as Area Navigation (RNAV).

The airport has taken the opportunity to utilise this new technology to develop and consult on improved departure and arrival routes from the site, investing over £100,000 in the design process.

The new technology will allow aircraft to operate with greater accuracy within their designated flight paths when departing and arriving from DSA. The routes have been designed to be similar to the current routes but improved, where possible, to reduce disruption to communities surrounding the airport.

The consultation will run until 15th December 2017. More details including the full consultation document can be found on the DSA website: www.flydsa.co.uk/about-us/dsaconsultation/

A spokesperson for Doncaster Sheffield Airport said:

“This process will allow us to ensure that we are using our airspace in the most efficient way, whilst also reducing disruption to local communities. We have made considerable efforts to design these proposed routes to the benefit of local communities and to ensure safety.

“The government’s objectives to modernise UK airspace policy are a welcome step which could bring wider benefits across the UK such as noise reduction, less CO2 and other emissions, plus fuel and time savings.

“We have worked closely with local stakeholders to develop these proposals, including our Airport Consultative Committee made up of elected representatives, local public agencies, local business, residential communities and airport users. We would encourage all interested parties to participate in the consultation process.”

Alan Tolhurst, Chair of the Airport Consultative Committee said:

“As an independent forum we welcome this consultation and support the proposed changes within it, which we see as delivering a number of benefits to local communities.

“DSA plays an important role in the local economy, supporting a number of jobs and bringing visitors to our region. We are appreciative of the steps taken by the airport to involve us and wider stakeholders in the development of these proposals.”

More details of the Doncaster Sheffield Airport Consultative Committee can be found here: http://www.southyorks.gov.uk/JAGUHome/AirportConsultativeCommittee.aspx

DSA Press Release

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock