The full winter 12/13 BE schedules have been rolled out, and DSA has nothing this winter. Am I right in thinking JER operated during the winter season previously? I tend to believe the new base at EMA will have had its part to play, as JER will be one of the routes served.

pug said:
The full winter 12/13 BE schedules have been rolled out, and DSA has nothing this winter. Am I right in thinking JER operated during the winter season previously? I tend to believe the new base at EMA will have had its part to play, as JER will be one of the routes served.

It's not a good situation when most of the major regional carriers such as Flybe are turning their back on DSA. These are the very airlines that the airport HAS to get if it is to succeed in the future.

pug said:
The full winter 12/13 BE schedules have been rolled out, and DSA has nothing this winter. Am I right in thinking JER operated during the winter season previously?
No you're wrong there was no service last winter either but ho hum

There was a much reduced service, albeit in December. There is nothing for this year, and they will be flying a higher frequency to Jersey from EMA so remains to be seen what will become of the DSA operation.

pug said:
There was a much reduced service, albeit in December. There is nothing for this year, and they will be flying a higher frequency to Jersey from EMA so remains to be seen what will become of the DSA operation.
Jersey flights ended in October last year as did the Belfast flights,Jersey only have started for summer,got that? Incidentally seeing as you are someone that tries to pick up on ANY bad news to go with DSA perhaps you'll keep you ears and eyes peeled to the good news the airport may be announcing in comming weeks regarding cargo and route development

Steve

From what I can make out Pug was reporting the facts. If you know different then by all means come and tell us but we will not be censoring news so only the good bits are shown. Forums4airports supports the development of regional airports and prides itself on being impartial but that doesn't mean you can come here and be rude.

I will look forward to hearing some good news about Doncaster airport if you think it is forthcoming over the next few weeks but that remains to be seen.

Just to echo what Aviador has said, as you can see if you read the forum, it is not just me who holds those views. This forum isnt censored to only show good news, and welcomes all views no matter how agreeable you may or may not find them. It is also not FODSA and has no such affiliation. If they have managed to arrange an expansion of tbeir network then well done them, however nothing is set in stone until such time there is an announcements. Rumours both good and bad are welcomed, however they must also be treated as such until such time as there is a formal announcement.

[ Post made via Android ]
Android.png

Aviador said:
Steve

From what I can make out Pug was reporting the facts. If you know different then by all means come and tell us but we will not be censoring news so only the good bits are shown. Forums4airports supports the development of regional airports and prides itself on being impartial but that doesn't mean you can come here and be rude.

I will look forward to hearing some good news about Doncaster airport if you think it is forthcoming over the next few weeks but that remains to be seen.

No Pug said there was a decline in flights last December when in FACT Flybe flights to both Jersey AND Belfast stopped in October last year(and as i explained only Jersey has started for this summer),cannot say what the good news is but it will happen

So the flights stopped in October and not December as it was first thought.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Mobile%20Device.png

cannot say what the good news is but it will happen

FODSA make NDA's now then I take it? Unless you work in a relevent department at the airport, they will not have imparted commercially sensitive information to you. Therefore if you know something, or believe something to be true, you can post it onto the forum quite safely.

Rest assured, any positive news regarding both DSA and HUY would be welcomed at the moment, if only to break the stagnation.

No Pug said there was a decline in flights last December when in FACT Flybe flights to both Jersey AND Belfast stopped in October last year

So the couple of flights that were scheduled to operate in December, didn't end up operating then? I don't spend my time looking on airport arrivals boards or logs you see.

I take it this thing that was 'definately happening in the coming weeks' (four months ago) hasn't happened yet?

Perhaps 'Steve on his bike' would like to return and enlighten us.

I saw a Flybe E175 on FR24 en route from Jersey to Doncaster and it was showing as a scheduled arrival on the board so I presume services have now resumed.

Doncaster Sheffield Airport today announced that Flybe, Europe’s largest regional airline, will base two Embraer Jet aircraft at the airport with services starting from the end of March 2016.

Read more: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/business ... z3qKHq7ctN

This is excellent news for the airport that is now starting to go places! 8 new routes will be announced shortly. Any guesses where they might fly to?

Aviador said:
Doncaster Sheffield Airport today announced that Flybe, Europe’s largest regional airline, will base two Embraer Jet aircraft at the airport with services starting from the end of March 2016.

Read more: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/business ... z3qKHq7ctN

This is excellent news for the airport that is now starting to go places! 8 new routes will be announced shortly. Any guesses where they might fly to?

Great news, I'm going for Paris, Prague, Amsterdam , Jersey, Belfast, Malaga , Palma, Alicante.
I'm open to suggestions though, & I hope to be pleasantly surprised tomorrow when the full announcement is made.

Great news, I'm going for Paris, Prague, Amsterdam , Jersey, Belfast, Malaga , Palma, Alicante.
I'm open to suggestions though, & I hope to be pleasantly surprised tomorrow when the full announcement is made.

Prague is unlikely to feature as Flybe doesn't currently fly there direct from anywhere, unless DSA becomes the first.

There could be some surprises though. When the CWL base was opened earlier this year I don't think many people would have predicted Munich or Milan Malpensa from there or competition with Aer Lingus Regional on the Dublin route but all of that happened.

Probably Glasgow, Edinburgh, Belfast, Paris, Amsterdam, Jersey, and then the other two are up for grabs. Maybe Southampton or Exeter, but could be French regional destinations or sun routes.

I doubt that there will be many domestic routes as Doncaster has good rail connections to most of them.
Jersey will be one of them as they already fly there. I would imagine that either Amsterdam or Paris for the connections, a couple of "City Break" destinations eg Barcelona and some "sun" routes to compete with Thomsons.

They're going to need a bunch of routes that will work year round so that's your usual med hot spots such as Alicante, Malaga and Faro with city routes to Barcelona and Paris and UK destinations possibly Gatwick, Edinburgh and Belfast.

This is a result of their 'project Blackbird'.

Very good news for DSA, but hopefully it will last longer than the lease on their e-jets, as this project is a loss mitigation exercise....

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock