I thought that was happening. No posting errors are showing in my Admin Panel though. I don't know if it's anything to do with certain internet browsers.

Liverpool has been given some money by central government for transport/ infrastructure investment. In my opinion it's very welcome, compared to London and SE the amount spent in the NW on transport is small. So I hope something useful is done with it. Id vote for an airport rail link which also serve Speke an area with poor public transport, however the money may well be a drop.in the ocean for such schemes. Will wait and see !
Manchester also received money for the same thing.

Red cranes at the new Liverpool2 port facility. Merseysides maritime sector is now worth 4 billion a year.

Liverpool2_Container_Terminal.jpg

N.Johannes

The second stage of Liverpool2 will be completed in 2019 with and extra 3 ship to shore cranes and 10 cantilever. The first stage with opened in late 2016 saw 5 ship to shore and 12 cantilever. Peel Ports believe this facility will place the North of England as to be a much greater player in overseas trade plus vastly reduce road haulage from southern ports with cargos destined for the north .

Liverpool2-Phase-2-01.jpg

image "container management"

Last edited:
Great to see Liverpool doing well, along with the other big regional cities we appear to be doing ok.

Despite all the uncertainty with Brexit/Terrorism/Cost of living etc etc, I feel quite confident that we will pull through this and have a bright future.

Great to see Liverpool doing well, along with the other big regional cities we appear to be doing ok.

Despite all the uncertainty with Brexit/Terrorism/Cost of living etc etc, I feel quite confident that we will pull through this and have a bright future.

Thanks for comment, just need a bit more improvements to ground infrastructure, that would help.

This is very much an urban issue, I just decided I wanted to donate to a homeless charity and today I've set up a direct debit with The Whitechapel Centre in Liverpool . You see this problem everywhere now and it appears to be getting worse, it's desperately depressing and a poor reflection on the UK. Ironically ' you and yours' have this subject on their radio program now on R4.

I realise this might seem not the usual thing to post on the urban forum but I'm quite concern about the issue.

This is very much an urban issue, I just decided I wanted to donate to a homeless charity and today I've set up a direct debit with The Whitechapel Centre in Liverpool . You see this problem everywhere now and it appears to be getting worse, it's desperately depressing and a poor reflection on the UK. Ironically ' you and yours' have this subject on their radio program now on R4.

I realise this might seem not the usual thing to post on the urban forum but I'm quite concern about the issue.

Awesome stuff Carl, and i think this is very relevant on the urban forum. Homelessness in Britain in 2018 is a discrace to this country and is only getting worse. Serious action needs to be taken. I probably see around 10 homeless people every morning when i walk from my home in the city centre to work in the city centre. It makes me sad, it also makes me feel really guilty when i walk past them on a freezing cold evening with a bag full of shopping whilst walking back to a nice warm home. Why should i be made to feel like this and im sure they are feeling much worse. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

It is a sad state of affairs that doesn't seem to be just unique to this country. Everyday my girlfriend takes the freeway from Gresham to her work in Portland in Oregon and all along the side of it people are camped in tents living on the verges because they can't afford anywhere to live because the property prices are so steep.

Over here though i find it ironic that we are seeing more and more homeless people yet more and more houses are being built. In Cardiff there are whole new suburbs popping up and new towns planned for the future. But i suppose for many homeless people it is also about their personal situations and how society can help them with that.

Whatever the reasons for it, it's certainly an acute situation and while the new posh buildings and big house go up, great choice of restaurants etc, you can not help to notice someone lying in a doorway, when did the UK stop caring?

Wells done Carl .

I'm proud to say my youngest son spent Christmas morning at a refuge helping the homeless after he himself had tough 2017.
Keep up the good work.

Regards
Rollo

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock