Advertisement

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
I thought it was time we had a thread for Singapore's Changi Airport to look at the latest terminal developments taking place there.

They're going all out to make the terminal as green as possible, green in every sense with some striking renders which incorporate an amusement park.

Singapore Chnagi Airport

Singapore Changi Airport

Singapore Changi Airport

The renders look amazing, my only concern is the usability of the terminal. I frequently refer to the kids messy bedrooms as being like a jungle but this pre-designed "mess" really is a jungle. Is it going to be complicated for the unseasoned traveller to find their way to check-in or the departure gate if the entire terminal is going to be so green? If everything flows in a way that you can't get lost then I'm all for it, especially if it means arriving feeling stress free. It's definitely in-keeping with Singapore itself, which has man-made trees attracting an abundance of wildlife to the heart of the city. It will undoubtedly create a unique visitor experience for travellers, whether they are arriving into Singapore or just passing through. One to add to my bucket list, once the redevelopment is complete. Singapore really is living up to it's "city in a garden" reputation.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Looks nice and is definitely different!

nbdm

Sep 22, 2017
Birmingham
I really like the look of this! Reminds me of the jungle bit in Kuala Lumpur Satellite terminal, on a bigger scale.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
Was there a mention of how this had happened? Not all airbridges move just in and out, up and down. Some can move in just about any direction. I have seen airbridges move as if they have a mind of their own so it's perfectly plausible this could have been a software fault.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
This suggestion appears in the linked report.

According to social media reports, the aircraft had rolled backwards when the chocks were removed without the tug attached but with the aerobridge still connected.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
This suggestion appears in the linked report.

According to social media reports, the aircraft had rolled backwards when the chocks were removed without the tug attached but with the aerobridge still connected.
Ooch, that's a major failing to remove the chocs before the airbridge is removed.

jfy1999

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
Not sure what to make of this...is it a gimmick or a truly inventive way to beat queuing on the stairs? It looks a lot of fun regardless.

The only catch is that you have to spend a certain amount in the airport shops to gain admission :unsure:

Advertisement

Top Bottom