Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
I thought it was time we had a thread for Singapore's Changi Airport to look at the latest terminal developments taking place there.

They're going all out to make the terminal as green as possible, green in every sense with some striking renders which incorporate an amusement park.

full

Singapore Chnagi Airport

full

Singapore Changi Airport

full

Singapore Changi Airport

The renders look amazing, my only concern is the usability of the terminal. I frequently refer to the kids messy bedrooms as being like a jungle but this pre-designed "mess" really is a jungle. Is it going to be complicated for the unseasoned traveller to find their way to check-in or the departure gate if the entire terminal is going to be so green? If everything flows in a way that you can't get lost then I'm all for it, especially if it means arriving feeling stress free. It's definitely in-keeping with Singapore itself, which has man-made trees attracting an abundance of wildlife to the heart of the city. It will undoubtedly create a unique visitor experience for travellers, whether they are arriving into Singapore or just passing through. One to add to my bucket list, once the redevelopment is complete. Singapore really is living up to it's "city in a garden" reputation.

Last edited:
I really like the look of this! Reminds me of the jungle bit in Kuala Lumpur Satellite terminal, on a bigger scale.

• Admin
Was there a mention of how this had happened? Not all airbridges move just in and out, up and down. Some can move in just about any direction. I have seen airbridges move as if they have a mind of their own so it's perfectly plausible this could have been a software fault.

This suggestion appears in the linked report.

According to social media reports, the aircraft had rolled backwards when the chocks were removed without the tug attached but with the aerobridge still connected.

• Admin
This suggestion appears in the linked report.

According to social media reports, the aircraft had rolled backwards when the chocks were removed without the tug attached but with the aerobridge still connected.

Ooch, that's a major failing to remove the chocs before the airbridge is removed.

Not sure what to make of this...is it a gimmick or a truly inventive way to beat queuing on the stairs? It looks a lot of fun regardless.

The only catch is that you have to spend a certain amount in the airport shops to gain admission :unsure:

I have just uploaded, in the Worldwide Airport Media thread, some photos taken on my day trip to Changi in October 2023.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock