Advertisement

What are you listening to now? MKII

Advertisement

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Thanks Ray, but to me that isn't Whitesnake. It's a horribly over produced American FM rock monstrosity.
Kevin
I'd like to make an apology to Ray for my above post.
Having re-read my post, I can see it comes across as sounding quite condescending.
Whilst I do prefer Whitesnake’s earlier material, I had no right to belittle Ray’s post.
Once again Ray - Sorry!

Kevin

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Thread starter Moderator #585
I'd like to make an apology to Ray for my above post.
Having re-read my post, I can see it comes across as sounding quite condescending.
Whilst I do prefer Whitesnake’s earlier material, I had no right to belittle Ray’s post.
Once again Ray - Sorry!

Kevin
Nothing to apologise for at all, I enjoyed the songs that you posted :)

I mostly agree with you about their older material, that one particular song just holds some memories for me.

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Nothing to apologise for at all, I enjoyed the songs that you posted :)

I mostly agree with you about their older material, that one particular song just holds some memories for me.
Thanks Ray! I just felt bad when I re-read my post. It's generally not my nature to respond like that (not how my Mom brought me up!).
Enjoying the past and looking forward to future postings in this thread.

Regards

Kevin

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Admin #588
Chicago My Kind Of Town - Frank Sinatra

From the 1964 film, 'Robin And The 7 Hoods', a comedy musical set in Prohibition era Chicago, starring Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jnr, Bing Crosby, Peter Falk (later 'Columbo'). What a cast! I remember seeing it at the cinema shortly after its release. Wonderful film and memories.

Ray's clip encouraged me to find on You Tube the actual scene in the film where Sinatra sings this song.

Thank you, Ray.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Thread starter Moderator #589
From the 1964 film, 'Robin And The 7 Hoods', a comedy musical set in Prohibition era Chicago, starring Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jnr, Bing Crosby, Peter Falk (later 'Columbo'). What a cast! I remember seeing it at the cinema shortly after its release. Wonderful film and memories.

Ray's clip encouraged me to find on You Tube the actual scene in the film where Sinatra sings this song.

Thank you, Ray.
Another 'to watch' film added to the list (y)

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Led Zeppelin - When The Levee Breaks

A song I like very much, but have sadly been reminded of by the two major storms currently affecting communities on opposite sides of our planet.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those people.

Kevin

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #597
My little lad kept saying "I'll tell you what I want what I really really want" so I went on Google to find the Spice Girl track and the one I found had some fowl language at the end. It was totally unexpected and a little embarrassing.

Advertisement

Top Bottom