Absolutely no apology needed, we all have our own individual tastes :)
Agreed! And things can change. I remember my Dad was really into traditional Jazz and it would often be on in the car. I didn't like it at all (mostly studio recordings). Then, some years later, my then girlfriend and I went to Ronnie Scotts in Birmingham. Live Jazz is a whole different thing and for me, is how that genre of music should be listened to. We also used to go to the Birmingham Jazz Festival, where many of the pubs would be hosting bands and some also providing barbecues. Does that still occur?

I'm not a massive Jazz fan but I definitely agree that it's a whole different experience live.

As far as I know Birmingham Jazz Festival is still going (see link below). I've happened upon events over the years and I've enjoyed them all, it's well worth a visit (y)

Apologies to the rest if the Brummies are seemingly taking over this thread, 'It's a Brum Ting' 😁

I'm not a massive Jazz fan but I definitely agree that it's a whole different experience live.

As far as I know Birmingham Jazz Festival is still going (see link below). I've happened upon events over the years and I've enjoyed them all, it's well worth a visit (y)

Apologies to the rest if the Brummies are seemingly taking over this thread, 'It's a Brum Ting' 😁

Isn't that Prof Carl Chinn in the video? He lived two doors away from my ex-girlfriend. I met him on several occasions and he's a really nice and funny guy. One time, I referred to him as 'Professor' to which he replied 'my wife says you might be Professor at the University, but you're just Carl Chinn in this house'.

Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy

This was in the charts many years ago and I tried everywhere to get a copy (not like today when you can download anything instantly). I finally got a copy and shortly after, went on holiday, staying in Tempe Arizona. I got talking to one of the staff in the local record shop, to find that was where the band was from.

Tom Petty - Don't Come Around Here No More

Last edited:
Taking a bit of a risk on this one but I do occasionally like a bit of Garth if the mood strikes 😬

Garth Brooks - Friends in Low Places

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock