Answered Possible software bug?

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

User001

Jul 16, 2015
One other issue that has persisted for a long time is that if you create a new post, and said new post just so happens to require the need for a new page, then the post sits in the quick reply area and gives the impression it hasn’t posted.

You then click the ‘post reply’ button again thinking it hasn’t posted, but it actually has and thus you get the error message about posting too quickly.

It’s not a huge issue, but thought I would post incase there’s is a general bug in the system.

Keep up the good work.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Thanks User001

I'm just testing the software on a hidden page to see what happens and I'll report back.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Hi User001

I've checked this thoroughly by creating eight pages of content to see what happens. I've experienced no problems from this end when a new page is created. At no point was the post left in the quick reply area.

Could it be related to your internet speed at the time? At this moment in time my internet speed is 46.1 Mbps download and 4.95 Mbps upload. Even with the 4.95 Mbps upload the post upload was seamless with no delay or bugs apparent.

I'll close the report for the time being but thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

User001

Jul 16, 2015
No worries.

I don’t think it’s my internet connection as it’s very fast (don’t have the speed to hand).

It also does it on any device i try via various WiFi points or mobile data.

May just be ‘one of those things’ but thanks for taking the time to look anyway.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
I've never encountered it so I honestly don't know. In the background I have a server error report and the only thing it's flagging is relating to the"Top Taggers List". I'll make some enquiries and see if anybody at Xenforo know what it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom