Obviously they have been taking their time as they work out the schedule for all the new routes they are about to announce.

giphy.webp

Whoa Ryanair what are you up to....? I have booked with this airline continuously over many years and have always opted for priority booking at a cost about £12 above non priority. But looking this evening at flights from Manchester to Milan Bergamo in December I am seeing the extra rocket to about £50!!!! And the same difference for prices in November. This is not a slow and gradual increase but a massive hike.

Have other poster intelligence on this seemingly inexplicable rapid rachetting up of prices on European fairs....?

I am sure we are prepared for price increases in line with inflation, but at levels of 300 - 400%??? I hope i have not got his wrong, but other posters, what are you experiences in ghost bookings.....

If they are offering seats at £5 (recent sale), they have got to get the money from somewhere.

It's being reported on the Bristol and Liverpool forums that GRO is available on certain booking engines, so worth keeping an eye out for a possible return from BHX.

W20/21 has now gone on sale and here are a few things I have noticed:

- Madrid varies between 2pw and 3pw whereas it is currently 4pw year-round. Off the top of my head that must be roughly an 80% drop in capacity with the loss of Iberia. Very poor but maybe they will change it again now that Iberia are going?
- Murcia isn't bookable so likely reverting back to summer only
- Lauda to Vienna increases to 4pw in Nov/Dec but is only bookable into early Jan. Seasonal or another goner?

No other changes as far as I can see.

Most of S21 is now bookable although there are a few destinations still missing (not unusual with Ryanair).

Lets hope that they are added soon as the 'unserved list' is long enough as it is.

From a typical week in August.

Alicante - 10x weekly
Barcelona - Daily
Girona - Not Bookable
Reus - 2x weekly
Fuerteventura - 2x weekly
Las Palmas - 2x weekly
Ibiza - 2x weekly
Lanzarote - 2x weekly
Madrid - Not Bookable
Malaga - 10x weekly
Mucia - 4x weekly
Palma - 9x weekly
Tenerife - 3x weekly
Bratislava - 3x weekly
Faro - 8x weekly
Porto - 2x weekly
Bydgoszcz - Not Bookable
Gdansk - Not Bookable
Katowice - 2x weekly
Krakow - 3x weekly
Warsaw Modlin - 2x weekly
Malta - 4x weekly
Verona - 2x weekly
Dublin - 37x weekly
Chania - Not Bookable
Corfu - 2x weekly
Perpignan - Not Bookable
Sofia - 2x weekly
Vienna - 4x weekly

All very much subject to change.

Hopefully the "not bookable" destinations are yet to be loaded rather than cancelled - Ryanair is the only airline at BHX that operates to Madrid, Bydgoszcz, Gdansk and Perpignan.

Sure Wizz Air would snap up Gdansk quick (they serve 6 other UK destinations from GDN). Not so sure the other 3 would fair so well.

No detail released yet but have to expect some big changes as it looks to be across their entire network

Ryanair cuts winter capacity as demand stalls
Ryanair will cut capacity to 40 per cent of that offered last year over the winter as demand continues to stall.
The low-cost carrier had hoped to offer 60 per cent of its planned flight from November to March, but has been forced to make cuts as it releases a revised winter schedule,
Ryanair said it expects to maintain up to 65 per cent of its winter route network, but with reduced frequencies.
In addition to the winter closure of bases in Cork, Shannon, and Toulouse, the carrier has announced significant base aircraft cuts in Belgium, Germany, Spain, Portugal and Vienna.

Not looking good at all, really hope Madrid doesn't go back on the unserved list :(

Vienna gone until March.

Sofia ends this month until March.

Perpignan has totally disappeared from the website.

Chania not bookable next year.

Verona cut for Nov.

Bydgoszcz still not bookable past March.

Gdansk as above.

Bratislava ends this month until March.

Gran Canaria ends this month until March.

Madrid has only 2 more flights bookable in Oct with nothing else in the system.

There are also winter cuts on the usual holiday routes.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock