Cardiff Airport Video Thread

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
Tremendous record of a historic day at CWL. Many thanks for posting, Jerry.
Thanks! I was glad to be there especially after missing the Landor departure and I'm glad it was G-BYGC as that's my personal favourite BA 747 retro livery.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
Just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and say thank you to everyone who watches my videos! Lets hope 2021 is a better year!

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
As i can't go planespotting at the moment i decided to pick of my favourite planespotting moments which was the Hawk jets takeoff and the Red Arrows at Cardiff and Angelsey back in 2018.

TheLocalYokel

Honorary Member Of Forums4airports
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Thanks for that, Jerry. I never get tired of watching the Red Arrows' amazing flying.

A few years ago I was invited to the old control tower at Bristol Airport to watch their arrival at the airport prior to parking up before doing a local display - either the Weston Air Day or the Bristol International Balloon Fiesta. I forget which. Your video archive rekindled some pleasant memories.

TheLocalYokel

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
When was Smartwings sequence taken, Jerry? Was it a charter flight?

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
Spent a couple of hours at the airport this afternoon and filmed the Wales national football team departing to Helsinki for their friendly with Finland.

TheLocalYokel

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Which airline is that?

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
The ex Virgin Atlantic European Cargo A340 that was training at Cardiff yesterday.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
My video trip report of my flight from Cardiff to Belfast on Monday 13th September. First time i've visited Belfast and Northern Ireland.

TheLocalYokel

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Fascinating video about the crash of a Britannia Airways Boeing757 that departed Cardiff Airport for Girona in 1999 and crashed when attempting to land.

A combination of circumstances led to the aircraft leaving the runway before hitting a low hill in a nearby field where it broke up. That only one person died from injuries in an aircraft carrying 226 passengers plus crew is miraculous.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.