Advertisement

Virgin Atlantic

Advertisement

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
I honestly can't see what in it for them?

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
I imagine it will be viewed as more access to Heathrow.
But do KLM and Air France need more access to Heathrow? As far as I know they each have half a dozen flights a day from LHR. Can't see anymore benefiting them?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
I don't know. Does it increase Air France / KLM access to North America?

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Not really. AMS and CDG have much more routes out of each airport to the US than Virgin can provide on it's own. The most amount of US routes at LHR are provided by BA

jfy1999

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
G-VRAY (operating VS04 from JFK to LHR) lost a winglet after a bump with an EgyptAir 777 while taxiing on the ground at JFK.

Image from Flightradar24

jfy1999

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
Pilots to go on strike from the 22nd to Christmas day although no flight disruption is expected to result.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Pilots to go on strike from the 22nd to Christmas day although no flight disruption is expected to result.
Not all the pilots, not at this stage anyway.

Members of the Professional Pilots' Union (PPU) have voted to strike. Virgin does not recognise this union. It deals with the British Airline Pilots' Association (BALPA) in its discussions on pilots' conditions of service. The PPU is demanding a place at the table.

The PPU represents about a third of Virgin's pilots.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/news/virgin-atlantic-pilots-striking-over-13701039

paully

Jan 22, 2018
Dewsbury
With no doubt BALPA standing foursquare behind the Virgin management. AFAIK this is a bit of a `Home Grown` type jobbie. It doesnt appear to have any other union or TUC affiliation and in reality is a staff association rather than a Union in the recognised sense. You get the impression that Virgin management don`t take it seriously. I`d put money on most of their members also remaining members of Balpa. I wouldnt expect any flight cancellations

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
What's Upper Class the equivalent of with other airlines?

Advertisement

Top Bottom