It ain't looking great for sure but its not over till its over and it may end up Virgin are a very different company come the end of this it would be sad to see yet another of our carrier's fold if the worst did happen though.

There is reports that Branson has put up 50% of Virgin Galactic up for sale for £1 billion.

Virgin Atlantic will defer 6 A350 deliveries. More than 100 investors have been approached with reportedly 12 interested. CEO Shai Weiss hopes that the Treasury will provide loan guarantees to encourage private investors.

From today's Travel Trade Gazette:

Virgin Atlantic will put its summer 2021 flying programme on sale this Saturday.
TRFBLI

The services will operate from Heathrow, Manchester, Glasgow and Belfast.

The airline said "as countries start to lift travel restrictions and demand for travel begins to return" it expects to steadily increase passenger flying in the second half of this year, with a further, gradual recovery through 2021.

For summer next year, Virgin Atlantic intends to fly to 24 destinations on a fleet of wide-body, twin-engine aircraft comprising of A330-300s, 787-9s, A350-1000s, as well as A330-200s before they retire in early 2022 as planned.

Juha Jarvinen, chief commercial officer at Virgin Atlantic, said: "As the Covid-19 crisis stabilises and demand gradually returns, we are looking forward to welcoming our customers back and flying them safely to their favourite destinations.

"We have taken the opportunity to pause, reflect and reshape our 2021 flying programme looking at efficiencies in our fleet and connectivity across our network, to ensure it is fit for the future, flying to the destinations we know our customers love to fly.

"We’re delighted that our popular Tel Aviv service, which launched in September 2019, will now increase to double daily, while regional flying from Manchester, Glasgow and Belfast will continue to play an important part in offering choice to customers and connecting UK travellers to Orlando, Barbados, Atlanta, New York and Los Angeles."

Virgin Atlantic’s summer schedule begins on 28 March 2021.

Worrying that the legalised criminals that call themselves Greybull are circling around Virgin Atlantic. I hope VA wake up and smell the bull s**t that this crap company will offer. I'd certainly be sticking two fingers up at these asset stripers.

A generous supply of PPE should be made available to Virgin Atlantic negotiators if they entangle themselves with Greybull Capital. Safer to invite the Trump Organisation, but only by a small margin.

Any airline is a bad risk at this time so Greybull will either have second sight or an abundance of recklessness. I am sure Sir Richard will move mountains to keep his baby going even if it is vastly reduced in scale. The other shareholders may have differing views.

£1bn rescue deal “could be unveiled by Tuesday”

Wall Street hedge fund Davidson Kempner Capital Management is tipped to provide loans of up to £200 million, a figure to be matched by founder Sir Richard Branson after raising $500 million from the sale of a stake in space venture Virgin Galactic in May.

A further £400 million will come from the deferral of fees owed to the Virgin Group and the airline’s minority shareholder Delta Air Lines over the next three to five years.

Virgin Atlantic has filed for bankruptcy protection - here’s what it means if you have flights booked

By Claire Schofield
Wednesday, 5th August 2020, 4:48 pm
Updated7 minutes ago

Virgin is seeking protection from creditors in the US (Photo: Shutterstock)
Virgin is seeking protection from creditors in the US (Photo: Shutterstock)

Virgin Atlantic has filed for bankruptcy protection and could run out of money next month if creditors fail to approve a £1.2bn rescue deal, a London court has heard.
Lawyers for the airline have said that while Virgin is “fundamentally sound”, a restructuring and injection of cash is critical to securing its future.

As part of the process, Virgin is seeking protection from creditors in the US under chapter 15 of the US bankruptcy code, which allows a foreign debtor to shield assets in the country.

Why has the airline filed for bankruptcy?
The file for bankruptcy protection comes after the travel industry was hard hit by the coronavirus pandemic, with the airline forced to ground thousands of its flights for several months.
As well as filing for US bankruptcy protection, in July the company agreed a rescue deal worth £1.2bn to secure its future for another 18 months.
The court in London heard that the airline’s finances would drop to “critical levels” by the middle of next month and would “run out of money altogether” by the week commencing 28 September.

Due to the plummet in passenger demand, the group is now “undergoing a liquidity crisis”, and without an injection of new money the company would have “no choice” but to enter into administration in mid-September.
David Allison QC, for Virgin Atlantic, told Mr Justice Trower in written submissions that the group had a “fundamentally sound business model which was not in any problems at all before the Covid-19 pandemic", but it has fallen into difficulties due to a drop in customer demand.
Mr Justice Trower gave the go-ahead for a meeting of creditors on 25 August.
Under the airline's restructuring plan, the Virgin Group will inject £200m with additional funds provided by investors and creditors.

In a statement on Wednesday (5 August), Virgin Atlantic said: "With support already secured from the majority of stakeholders, it's expected that the Restructuring Plan and recapitalisation will come into effect in September. We remain confident in the plan."
What happens if I have flights booked?
The airline is continuing to operate flights, although this is still on a limited schedule, and the application for bankruptcy protection has no direct implication on claiming money if a flight has been cancelled.
In the event flights are cancelled, travellers will be entitled to a full cash refund, including for any component of the same journey that has not been cancelled.

Customers who have booked the flight as part of a package, or with a credit card, will have their money protected.
While customers are entitled to full refund in the event of cancellation, some have been forced to wait up to four months before receiving their money. However, the airline vowed last week to improve the speed of its refund process.
Further information on claiming a refund can be found on the Virgin Atlantic website.

(Report from Falkirk Herald )

Sources familiar with developments told SKY News that an announcement on an IPO could be made later this autumn with a listing to take place on the London Stock Exchange. Citi and Barclays have been hired to oversee the listing, they said.

Virgin Atlantic VS, London Heathrow) is to emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic with a bolstered balance sheet following a fresh capital injection of GBP400 million pounds (USD528 million) from its shareholders Virgin Group and Delta Air Lines (DL, Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson).

The airline expects to return to sustainable profitability from 2023, driven by a recovery in air travel demand and more than GBP300 million (USD396 million) of cost savings that have already been delivered, it said in a statement. With enhanced liquidity, the company would be able to pay down debt.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock