I miss my old Picasa

Advertisement

AnneHathaway

Feb 21, 2018
England
Hi everyone,

Since Google replace my Picasa to its Google Photo, I sometimes find it complicated to use. Can anyone recommend me another option for photo hosting service please? Lots of travel photos I'd like to store and share online.

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone,

Since Google replace my Picasa to its Google Photo, I sometimes find it complicated to use. Can anyone recommend me another option for photo hosting service please? Lots of travel photos I'd like to store and share online.
Hi

I had a similar problem 2 or 3 years ago when my internet service provider removed webspace allocation. Since then, I've been using Flickr.
It's free to sign up and allows for a very large amount of data to be stored. You can also create folders, allowing you to organise tour photos by topic. I believe that Flickr also hosts videos, but I've not tried that yet.
In order to use Flickr, I think you have to have a Yahoo email account, but again this is free.
It's very easy to upload to Flickr, but organising into folders and sharing to forums, although not difficult is not quite as intuative as I would like.
It's free to sign up and if you don't like it you can delete your data and close the account.
I don't use Flickr as my sole storage option. I always keep backups on an external hard drive.
I hope the above info is useful for you.

Regards

Kevin

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
The old Google Picasa was so much better and simpler to use. I used to enjoy using the old HDR effect and if it's still there on the newer version I can't find it.

Flikr is a very popular photo hosting platform and many people on here chose Flickr to host their pictures. Along with all your aviation photos, Forums4airports can also host all your Travel photos! We'll continue to offer free image hosting so long we're around. Personally I find Flikr awkward to use. The forum hosting will allow you to post your images to other sites without the bandwidth warnings sites like Photobucket now do.

Hope that helps !

AnneHathaway

Feb 21, 2018
England
Thanks all for replying!
Yeah when I was using Picasa I also got to know Flickr a bit but I didn't use it much because it seems too fragile to me. I mean, like @Kevin Farnell said, to be on the safe side I would have to save my photos to another portable drive. However, it seems now the best Picasa alternative among these services, including Icloud Photo or Amazon Prime Photo (they're not free :nailbiting:)

@Aviador Agree, Photobucket is out of my consideration, I can't stand the ads on this website, ads always cover full page or at least two third of the page. And I didn't know F4A hosts photo! Is that the Media section on top? I saw the function "add media"...

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Photobucket is out of my consideration, I can't stand the ads on this website, ads always cover full page or at least two third of the page. And I didn't know F4A hosts photo! Is that the Media section on top? I saw the function "add media"...
Yes it's the Media suite at the top. You can either add to the dedicated galleries or create your own Albums. We have dedicated galleries for for Aviation, Transport, Urban and Travel among others. Feel free to add to them.

As a request I ask that people only add their favourite pictures rather than uploading a job-lot to ensure we can provide this service for as long as possible. If in the future it's something that becomes overly popular, I'll make it so current members have grandfather rights to the free image hosting.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Top Bottom