Photographs of the Airways

Advertisement

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Cracking shots Kevin.

I've tried over the top pictures but have never managed to get them as clear as you guys. I may have another go when the conditions are right.
Hi Ray

I can only reply that the photos you post always appear very sharp.
My A380 photos above, were shot as follows -

Nikon D200 DSLR
Nikon 70-200 F2.8 VR + Nikon 2X Teleconverter (shot at 400mm - max zoom for set up. Equivalent to 600mm FX)
F5.6 (max apeture for set up) 1/500 second.
ISO 200
Added stability from either my monopod or tripod - I can't remeber which (sadly, the EXIF data doesn't record this).

Photos were taken in 'RAW' mode and processed using Nikon's free View NX software (I expect that Canon supply similar).
Changes were made (by eye), to 'Exposure', 'Sharpness', 'Highlight Protection' (none of which can be changed in JPEG files) and 'Contrast'. These were then saved in JPEG format.
Finally, Photoshop was used to remove a few 'blotches' present.
I hope this is of help and look forward to seeing your future airways shots.

Regards

Kevin

Last edited:

rollo

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2014
Really like these airways photos seem so evocative I imagine the passengers quaffing champagne and caviar while watching a movie as they cruise to their destination watchiing the world pass by but of course the reality is they (we ) are crammed in with a meal deal looking at their mobile phones as they wait the opportunity to purchase a scratch card.

Top Bottom